Hugo sleeping on top of his house.
Yesterday morning at about 5 am, Hugo decided it would be a good idea to make a ruckus. He used to do it at about 7am daily. Yesterday he was pushing around his dog house and throwing his water bucket around. When I got up and looked out the window, he was just standing there. Last night when I asked Chris why Hugo woke up so early, he told me that Hugo was redecorating. Well, Hugo needs to make up his mind on where he want his house and stick to it! One time Hugo turned his house around so that we couldn't see him and so that he was facing the elementary school on the other side of the field. He likes to watch the kids at recess.
Hugo's other favorite past times include singing. I call it "singing the blues". Since he can't bark cause he's a malamute, he howls. He does one howl like he's singing because it's almost like one of those trills that Mariah Carey does. ha ha. He also does one that sounds like a drawn out groan. The other day the neighbors car alarm kept going off several times like a little kid was playing with the car keys. It was probably around 7 or 8 in the morning. I was trying to sleep at the time. Hugo would groan every time the alarm went off. I was laying in bed telling Hugo "I know how you feel Hugo! I'm trying to sleep too!" I've demonstrated Hugo's singing and groaning to a few people before and they thought it was funny. Too bad I can't post that too. You'll just have to use your imagination.
Hugo tries to be an escape artist. At one point in Hugo's career as a dog escape artist, he was on a chain. He didn't like being hooked to a chain. He would chew on the clasp and get off and wander away. Not a good thing when your dog doesn't really like people and they think he looks like a wolf. One time when he got out, someone left their car door open and he jumped in and wouldn't come out! What a nightmare! We finally got Hugo a kennel after a few years. Hugo didn't like the kennel and went around the bottom of the kennel looking for weaknesses and pried the fencing from the frame and squeezed out. He's done this pretty much all around his kennel and we keep patching it up. Since we've lived in our house, it's been about 4 years now, Hugo has given up his dream and has stayed in his kennel. He still tries to dig out, he has never succeeded. There are holes that are pretty deep in some spots. There is also a small hole that he made on the door of his kennel that he keeps sticking his head through. One time the neighbor kid came over and told us our dog was stuck. I looked out the window and Hugo was laying there with his head through the hole, looking stuck. I opened the back door and started walking out and he stood up and pulled his head out. He does this from time to time.
My favorite Hugo story is the hammock one I told a while back. I told this on June 3rd if you haven't heard it yet. Another favorite Hugo story was when Chris had Hugo in the car a while back. Hugo rolled down the window so that he could stick his head out. Hugo never rides in the car so I have no idea how he figured this out. Chris rolled the window up so that Hugo couldn't stick his head out. Hugo looked over at Chris and defiantly rolled the window down again! Our dog has a serious attitude problem sometimes!
One last Hugo story for the road. I think this was shortly after we first moved here. Probably the first year or so. Our backyard is fenced on the front and both sides but not the back. Eventually we'll fence the back but there is just a huge field behind us so we're waiting since it's fun to just ride the 4wheeler right out and Chris likes to hit golf balls into the field. Anyways. The bad thing is that kids can get in our yard. I looked out the window and saw a kid's blanket spread out in front of Hugo's kennel. My first thought was "Oh no! Hugo has eaten a small child!" What actually happened was the kids decided to camp out and watch Hugo. I threw the blanket over the fence. After that, we told the kids that Hugo was not nice and that they shouldn't go near him. These are the same kids that thought we named our dog Zoogor. Zoogor is definitely a meaner dog name than Hugo. Sometimes we also call him Zoogoria for a friendlier spin. Our poor dog is just misunderstood. He's nice unless you make him feel cornered, or if he thinks you're taking his food.
No comments:
Post a Comment