Friday, November 7, 2008

Hugo Pictures

Have I posted this picture before?  This is Hugo smiling and it's one of Chris' favorite pictures.  The reason why he's smiling is because we are dangling food above his head.
This is Hugo when we got him as a puppy.  So cute!  We've had him for over 8 years now.  Here's the story of how we came to get Hugo.  Chris and I were dating at the time and we were watching tv.  There was a commercial on for a kids songs CD and they were singing "How much is that doggie in the window".  Chris said it made him sad because he used to have a dog but he got stolen one day.  He was a full blood Malamute.  I bought Hugo for Chris' birthday and he's had a hard life.  He's been shuffled from house to house since we've had him.  He lived with Chris and his dad until his dad got remarried and moved, then Hugo lived at Chris' mom's house until he got loose and the neighbors threatened to shoot him and called him a wolf.  After that he moved to my parent's house since we lived in an apartment and couldn't keep him with us.  Hugo used to have a huge attitude problem and hated people and I don't blame him.  When he lived at Chris' dad's house we'd find broken bottles next to him where people would throw them at him.  Who knows what else people did to him.  Most of the torture was from kids which is why he doesn't really like kids.  When we first moved into our house I'd find CD's, balls and other random stuff inside Hugo's kennel which means the neighbor kids were throwing stuff inside.  He has mellowed out a lot and doesn't get mad at people unless they try to grab his collar.
Here is another picture of baby Hugo and Chris.  Look how young they were!  How cute!

1 comment:

Amanda Stephan said...

This is kind of sad that you are telling us how your dog had a bad life...I just cried a tear for him! lol. Now it is up to you to make it up to him and let him sleep in your bed with you!