Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Lame Movie Night

Saturday Chris and I rented a few movies.  These were movies that we wanted to see when they came out but didn't because we heard they were really bad.  Usually I don't really care what people say about a movie because I like to decide for myself if it's good.
Cover Image
Tropic Thunder, Rated R
This movie was the most unfunny comedy I have ever seen since Meet the Spartans.  It tried very hard to be funny and failed.  I thought Robert Downey Jr was amusing at parts but I haven't really enjoyed Ben Stiller and Jack Black in any movie since Zoolander and School of Rock.  Tom Cruise's character was kind of funny when he danced but after a while it was like retelling a joke over and over as the hilarity wore off.  The funniest part in the movie was when the little kid was on Ben Stillers back stabbing him and then gets flung in water.  This is the only part that made me laugh.
Cover Image
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Rated PG13
I am a big Indiana Jones fan but I did not enjoy this movie.  It was forced, slow, and cheesy.  I have no idea why Shia LeBeouf's hair was so big or why he kept combing it.  I guess he was supposed to be a greaser but his hair was not greasy, it was poofy.  Indiana:Hat as Lebeouf:Hair Indiana:Whip as Lebeouf:Knife.  Ridiculous!  Cheesiest scene was when Lebeouf decided he was going to be Tarzan and started swinging through the jungle on vines.  The movie wasn't horrible, it was just disappointing.

2 comments:

Becca Brown said...

Indiana Jones was a disappointment for us to. The jokes were obvious and aliens? Come on!

steve-o said...

"Tropic Thunder" was transcendent in the way it sucked. It put me to sleep. In a movie theater. In the middle of the day. Time and money I will never, ever get back, as well as proof positive that many critics have no idea what they're talking about.

Watching paint dry would have been more entertaining.