Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Band Practice

Image:Guitar Hero World Tour.jpg
Last week Chris' brother Zach came over and we all played Guitar Hero World Tour.  It was so much fun.  So fun, in fact, that decided that he would come over tonight and play again.  I told a couple people as I was leaving work today that I had band practice tonight and they said "You're in a band?"  I had to explain that it was a fake band on Guitar Hero and they laughed and looked at me kind of weird and then proceeded to ask me what level I can play on.  Well, it depends on what instrument I play.  When Chris and I play, I usually play guitar and he plays drums, but when Zach comes over I switch to the bass.  If I play drums then I play on easy since I am extremely uncoordinated, if I play guitar I'm on medium, if I'm on bass I play mostly medium but can play on hard.  The funny thing is that when we play I always manage to eek out the most money out of the entire band.  It makes Chris sooooo mad.  I told him there isn't any real money in drumming so he should just get used to it.  It was getting so intense while we were playing that Chris decided to take his shirt off!  ha ha.  Actually it was probably because he was wearing a hoodie and it was getting warm in the living room.  I have to admit, I was skeptical about getting the game at first since we always end up buying video games and then not playing them, but we have been playing it a few times a week so it's been worth it.  It has also been pretty fun to play with friends and family, which means that we need to have people over more often!  Is it just me or does the game turn you into a zombie?  I seriously don't blink for the length of the song and then I start to get all glassy eyed.  How many of you have or have played this game?  Are you pretty serious when you play it or do you mess around and do crazy stuff?  Most of the time I am pretty serious about it because it messes me up when I act silly.  When we first got Guitar Hero 3 I was doing some crazy stuff like kicking and spinning around and stuff to make Chris laugh.  He thought it was pretty hilarious.  Chris and I were playing on Sunday and he was making fun of me while I was playing the drums because I bounce when I play and I hit the drums hard.  I think it makes it more fun, besides, if you were playing real drums you wouldn't be tapping lightly, you'd be rockin it out.

No comments: