Last night Chris and I went to his sister Sam's house and watched the Randy Couture and Brock Lesnar fight. They buy fights every now and then and have friends come over to watch. I was pretty tired last night and my head was feeling pretty heavy. Have you had days like that when it takes too much energy just to hold your head up? Usually we stay after the fights and play Rock Band with everyone but we ended up going home. I think Chris was pretty tired too. We did play a few songs before the fight started so we got our fix in. They made me play the drums this time and it was pretty embarrassing showing everyone my lack of rhythm but I managed to do alright and didn't kill us on any songs. It's also confusing at first changing drum configurations since the drums on Rock Band are different than the ones for Guitar Hero.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Addiction & Recovery
Lately I haven't really been up to much. I've been trying to read my book now for I think 2 weeks and even thought it's a good book, I'm just not really interested in reading lately. I'm burned out from reading all the time. Since I don't have my reading to keep me occupied and I'm not really interested with anything on television lately, I've replaced everything with an insane internet habit. I think this all started with my obsession of uploading photos last week. I also have the insane habit of checking everyone's blogs for updates. Becca clued me in to Google Reader so it now shows me when people update their blogs all in one place. Although it is helpful, it takes the satisfaction out of actually going to everyone's blog and finding (sometimes) the pleasant surprise of a magical update. The rest of my time is spent reading random articles online (like my last post) and checking out people's facebooks. With my addiction there comes great satisfaction when someone actually sends me comments on my blog or facebook. It kind of feels like you are talking to yourself if nobody comments. So please comment! I realize that I need to get a life and find something else that is actually productive to do. This is what happens when you don't get out of the house in a while except to go to work. Chris says it's self imposed, which is true, I've been pretty antisocial since we've gotten married. I just like to stay home with my babe most days. I think I need to replace this bad internet habit with exercise. That would be a good addiction especially with the size of my butt these days! I went from someone who checks their email once a month to someone who checks it at least twice a day. What a psycho!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I agree these blogs and facebook can be way too addicting. Until I discovered blogging I only checked my email once a week. I waste way to much time on the computer now. Kaden will find me on the computer and say, "whose blog are you looking at now?"I need to stop! I'm in Utah for 2 weeks and when I'm here I get so busy I forget about the computer.
Boredom is definitely the enemy. When I'm really busy, I don't even think about checking my email or blogs.
Sometimes I don't even turn on my laptop when I get home. Granted, I sit in front of a computer all day, so I'm not giving up much. Most of my friends aren't surprised if I answer their email 1 minute after they sent it.
haha the obsession with blogs with pass. i used to be the same way! I still love to look at my list of them daily, but not quite as obsessed about it!
ha ha, I'm so glad everyone is so supportive of my addiction!
Post a Comment