Last night at work was pretty eventful. I had to close the store and that pervert that I mentioned back on Oct 14th was in the store again as soon as I walked in the store. He's been coming in a lot since the first incident. It's pretty creepy. He'll follow guys around the store and watch them and then go in the restroom for long periods at a time. One week he was in the store every day! I think I mentioned before that we have to follow him around to make sure he doesn't do anything. I hadn't seen him for a while and then there was an incident last Sunday where it sounded like the same guy that I'd been watching. Tuesday during our job fair I saw him for about a minute in between interviewing but I think he left after he saw me. So yesterday he was in the store and then left. A few hours later he returned and we had finally gotten permission to tell him to leave our store and not come back. It's sad when companies are so afraid of lawsuits that we can't do things immediately. This guy has been a nuisance for about a month now! Anyways, before we could talk to him, he left again! He pretty much just watches what managers are in the store and if it's someone that doesn't know what he looks like, he'll stay, otherwise he'll leave. So far there are only a few managers that can recognize him. Luckily I'm one of them so he usually leaves now when he sees me.
Also last night, after the pervert incident, we had to call the ambulance for a pregnant woman. A customer told one of the employees that she was having a seizure. When I got to her, it didn't look like she was having a seizure and was trying to get up. I told her to stay laying down until the ambulance got there. For some reason people don't want you to call the ambulance. I've had this happen at Kmart before too. They are afraid that they will have to pay for it. My understanding is you won't unless you let them take you to the hospital. This lady was 7 months preggers and worried we called the ambulance. Hello! You apparently had a seizure, and you're 7 months pregnant. The last thing you should worry about is the paramedics coming to check you out.
The honorable mention award for last night's events include a woman bringing her medium sized dog inside the store and letting it follow her around without a leash. I've seen people bring their tiny dogs around before that they carry around with them. I've even had people bring little dogs in a dog carrier bag. This isn't too big of a deal to me unless another customer complains. I was surprised to see the size of this dog just walking around the store. I told the lady that we didn't allow non service animals in the store and she said "Oh, I figured. I was just leaving anyway." She didn't really look like she was going to leave right away so I decided to follow her until she left the store. If I didn't put a little pressure on her, I'm sure she would have kept shopping after I told her to leave. I don't see how people think this is okay. I guess it's one of those things that they know they shouldn't do but do it anyway to see if they get away with it. Common sense people! You "figured" but you didn't "figure" hard enough!
Today I didn't have to work. I met up with my good friend from high school, Rachael (Anderson) Thompson. I haven't seen her since I got married so it was good to finally catch up and see what she was up to. We had lunch at Jason's Deli in Orem. I'd never been there before and it was pretty good. She was on lunch break from work and we took way too long! It's a good thing she could take a long lunch because we had a lot to catch up on! I'm a little on the antisocial side and don't get out very often with friends and I've been making more of an effort lately to be more "social". That's why I describe myself as a "social antisocial" because I'm a pretty talkative antisocial person. I have the tendency to avoid people because I don't like to small chat with acquaintances, it doesn't feel genuine. Does that make me weird? It's one of those things, if we didn't talk before, I don't want to have to pretend to care about what you've been up to the last 10 years. Anyone else feel that way? So if I give anyone the snub, I'm sorry, I'm socially awkward and I'm trying to work on it. Don't take it too personally though because I also have the tendency to be completely oblivious to my surroundings, I might have not seen you.
1 comment:
oh im glad you and rach had a chance to catch up! I need to catch up with her too lol...sad when you say that about your own sister!
Post a Comment