Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Guitar Hero World Tour

Image:Guitar Hero World Tour.jpg
On Thursday Chris decided to buy Guitar Hero World Tour.  After a few days I told him that he should have bought it at Best Buy or somewhere that will offer a service/replacement warranty that will cover normal wear and tear.  He bought it at a Gamestop store.  It's been getting a lot of use so far and you can see how you can easily break it within the first year of owning it, especially the drums, and it would suck for an instrument to break.  We have played it every day since we got it.  Chris rocks the drums and I wail on the guitar.  I've been trying the drums every now and then and can play it pretty decent but once I get off beat, it's all down hill.  My favorite thing about the game is creating characters.  I think I have five that I made, Abish (which looks like me), Mockie, Knuckie, Monstie and Shannon.  Mockie (short for Mockie Lock), Knuckie (short for Knuckle Head or Knuckles for brains), and Monstie (short for Monster) are Chris' nicknames for me.  Shannon was just the preset name the game chose and I didn't change it.

Friday we had Mom, Rachel and her boyfriend John, Nephi and Steffanie and the kids come over to celebrate halloween and Nephi's bday which was Saturday.  We had pizza, cake and ice cream.  Teo was obsessed with my big bowl of candy and decided to fill his candy bucket until it was overflowing with candy.  He kept filling it after it was full and it was busting out the side.  It was pretty funny.  The next day Chris yelled "We were robbed!"  because our candy bowl was pretty much empty after Teo left.  We watched:
Cover Image
Prom Night Rated PG13
This movie is about a girl who has a stalker after her and it ruins her prom night.  This movie had the typical scary movie cliches like people just falling down trying to get away from the killer while the killer casually walks toward them, incompetent police and everyone dying except the main character.  If you knew a killer was outside the house, would you really sit in the dark or turn on all the lights in the house?  Would it be easier to protect someone in the house locked in a room and sit with a gun or sitting outside a house in the dark?  Common sense is definitely lacking.  

Sunday everyone came over again to celebrate Mom's bday early.  We had dinner and played Guitar Hero afterward.  It was pretty funny.  I tried singing some songs but it's hard when you don't know the words or the tune.  It was a lot of fun playing with a full band.

Right now Guitar Hero has been getting a lot of play time but my tendons are definitely feeling the effects of it.  My arm started getting cramps while playing a hard song on Sunday.  Some of the chord combinations are a little hard for me.  My thumbs are also a little tired, my right one is tired from strumming and the left one is tired from holding the guitar neck.  I guess I grip and strum too hard.  I also hit the drums pretty hard when it not necessary for the note to register.  I'm just abusive to it.  Yesterday Chris and I decided that we need to limit our rocking out to a few times a week instead of a few hours a day, every day.  We weren't going to play today but Chris' brother Zach came over and we ended up playing for a while, so much for not playing every day.  It was still fun. 

No comments: