Tuesday, November 25, 2008
No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn!
Sunday my family came over to have dinner to kind of celebrate my birthday this week and Rachel's last week. After dinner we played Guitar Hero World Tour. Surprised? They love it. I ended up singing most of the songs which some times is not really pleasant since I don't know most of the songs and I do a really bad job. Some of the songs go so fast I can't keep up with the words causing me to rattle off random words and noises just to get points. Hey, whatever works. One of Chris' favorite songs is Beastie Boys No Sleep Till Brooklyn. Teo likes to help with the chorus. All you have to do is yell "No sleep til!" and he'll yell "Brooklyn!" The parts where you are able to ad lib and freestyle for points are the best. I kept trying to figure out how to maximize points and came to the conclusion that it was a mixture of range, volume and syllables. This usually meant me screaming very loudly. The first time I did this Kalia gave me a very shocked look and just stared at me for a while. I was surprised she didn't get scared of me screaming out all those songs for several hours. She even found it a little amusing a few times. Rachel proved herself to be quite the drummer after I got the boot for making us fail a song 5 times in a row. We even got Nephi to sing after MUCH persuasion. We basically threw the microphone at him and told him to quit being a baby. Teo likes to play the drums some times and we let him play (with the drums off so he didn't kill us) but he lost interest after a while saying "I think this is off". That kid is too smart. Instead he asked if he could watch a clip of Dance Magic off of the Labyrinth. He asks to watch it every time he comes over. I don't blame him, I love this movie! "Slap that baby make him pee!" If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch the video below. You haven't lived until you've seen this movie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment