Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Weekend Festivities

This weekend we had a lot going on.  Sunday was our anniversary and yesterday was Chris' 27th birthday.  Since Chris had to work on our anniversary, we went out to celebrate on Saturday.  Unfortunately with our newly restrictive budget, we couldn't go anywhere expensive for dinner.  Instead we settled for Red Robin which isn't too bad because it's convenient and we both like it.  Afterward we wondered around the mall and then went to see The Dark Knight.  The movie didn't start until 10pm and since the mall closed at 9 we decided that we'd just go wait in line.  Surprisingly, there was already a line of maybe 20 people already waiting over an hour before the movie!  By the time we got to go in, the line was enormous!  One obnoxious thing was that there was a couple that had their two small kids with them.  I guess it's okay though because they had them in their pajamas and let them run around without shoes.  I pointed it out to Chris who agreed with me about how wrong it was.  Some people are complete idiots.  Maybe I get easily annoyed by this because I don't have kids and don't understand, but I think that dragging your kids around until 1pm is wrong.  Were these people that desperate to see The Dark Knight?  Later during the movie when one of the kids started crying Chris and I just looked at each other.  Get a babysitter people!

Sunday Chris was at work and I ended up going to Shannyn's house (she's another merch manager from work).  There were a few people at work over and they were making their costumes for the Breaking Dawn party that we are having at work on Friday.  Shannyn is going to be a vampire hunter and was sharpening wooden stakes.  Very funny!  We sat around and watched Avatar and Underworld.  Later after Chris got off work I went home and celebrated the rest of our anniversary by pestering Chris into telling me stories about when we first met and when we were dating.  He was getting annoyed by 11:30 because I wouldn't fall asleep.

Yesterday after we got off work we went to dinner with a few of Chris' friends from the golf course and his sister and brother in law and their kids.  Chris' choice was Tucanos.  Are you surprised?  We had a coupon for a free meal which worked out since we didn't have very much left over in our eating out fund for this month.  Afterward we came home and lounged around a bit before going to bed.  I bought Chris an Ipod for his birthday which was his suggestion.  I don't know why but it gets harder to think of what to buy him every year.  Maybe because he buys whatever he wants throughout the year.  Apparently his favorite thing to do on his birthday is bossing me around.  This he declared when I got home from work.  "It's my birthday, I can boss you around!"  He didn't really though.  Last night I made Chris take a personality defect test on my brother in laws blog, which declared me an "emo kid".  Really?  An emo kid?  Hmmm.  Turns out Chris is a "Class Clown" which I wasn't surprised to hear.  What was really funny though was the fact that it called him a "hyperactive monkey"!  Ha ha!  Turns out his nickname suits him better than we ever could have imagined!

The Dark Knight, Rated PG-13
Plot of this movie basically has the Joker running around causing trouble and shows the transformation of Harvey into Two Face.  Sorry if there's anyone who didn't know that.  Chris didn't know, and I was shocked.  I asked "Didn't you at least watch any of the cartoons?"  One of the most distracting things in the movie was how ugly Maggie Gyllenhaal was.  Yikes!  There were some parts when I noticed a resemblance between her and the Joker.  Speaking of the Joker, it's hard to watch it and imagine that it's Heath Ledger.  Although he does a really good job it brings up the question: Is this really an Oscar winning performance?  I guess if you can nominate Johnny Depp for being Jack Sparrow, then I suppose so.  It makes you wonder though if it is getting more attention than it would have gotten if Heath Ledger was still alive.  I really enjoyed the movie and I haven't heard of anyone being disappointed.  I think Chris even enjoyed it and he isn't a Batman fan.  One thing that brings a smile to my face is the fact that Katie Holms dropped out of the movie to be in "Mad Money".  Ha ha, in your face Katie Holms!

No comments: