Sunday, July 13, 2008

adventures at the b&n

Nothing much has happened in the past few days.  Friday night I had to work overnight with the other two merchandise managers and our community relations manager.  It ended up being a lot of fun and we got crazier and crazier as the night progressed.  We were mostly updating a lot of the displays in the store, which is a lot easier when the store is not opened.  Most of the night was spent talking about how Stephenie Meyer is a poor writer and how she has gradually gotten fatter with each book release.  I think the reason why we were raging so much on her was because a majority of the night was spent merchandising her books.  I haven't read any of her books yet, I can't really complain about her but some of the reasons why people at work don't like her is because: her books could be half as long because she keeps repeating herself; her storytelling is very slow; Edward (a vampire) is a wimp.  The funny thing is that people are so obsessed with the series that they have created Bella lotion, and Edward chapstick and other crazy things.  Very silly.  

Anyways, enough about that.  Yesterday I didn't have to work but was kind of tired and didn't really want to do anything so we stayed home.  Since we have to use our eating out budget wisely this month we didn't go out.  We can pretty much only go out about twice, and since Chris' birthday is this month and also our anniversary, that pretty much does it for us.  I ended up making hamburgers and corn on the cob for dinner and afterward, Chris mentioned that we should get a treat and that I should pay for it with my money.  How sad is that?  So I agreed to buy us a treat because I wanted an oreo mcflurry, then he said he wanted to get a couple of burgers as well.  We had just finished dinner too.  So not only did I make dinner, I also paid for his extra dinner and treat as well!  Boo hiss!

3 comments:

steve-o said...

I've been doing the "pay for it with your own money" thing with Becca for years. It's amazing how many requests quickly die that way.

I salute Chris for his financial ingenuity.

Abish said...

don't encourage him! he thinks his ingenuity is having me pay for his mcdonalds habit.

steve-o said...

Exactly--ingenious!

Men all over the world are saluting Chris for a job well done.