Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Five People You Meet in Heaven

Cover Image
The Five People You Meet in Heaven, by Mitch Albom
This book isn't very long.  I probably wouldn't take long to read except I listened to it on audio to and from work so it took a while to get through.  The funny thing about audio books is that sometimes I think they might have been better if I actually read them instead of listened.  Anyways, this book would have music in some parts as well as sound effects like kids laughing and people shouting.  Plus there were parts where the guy was singing a song, and the guy reading was tone deaf.  All this made it kind of humorous when it was supposed to be serious.  So this book is about a man named Eddie who dies and meets 5 people in heaven that help him understand things that happened in his life and how he effected other people while he lived.  All this helped him come to understand people better and feel better about his life when he thought he was a looser that didn't amount to anything in life.  Overall this book wasn't too bad but I wouldn't recommend listening to it.  Like I said, I think it tainted my opinion.  I don't recall any swearing and it's pretty clean.  Plus Mitch Alboms books are pretty short and shouldn't take very long to read.

No comments: