Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A cook, I am not.

So, instead of going to sleep or doing anything else productive, I ended up messing around with my blog.  I also removed all the Jewel country music from my playlist.  Well I left one song on there in case someone still wanted to listen to it.  Chris was getting annoyed whenever he looked at my blog and it would come on.  To be honest, it was driving me insane, so I added a few more of my favorite songs for variety.  So....What does everyone think of the new changes?  Please tell me, they weren't all for nothing. 

Today after Chris got home we made a trip to the grocery store and bought stuff to make "Dirty Cups".  They're basically pudding with crushed oreos.  They had them at Chris' mom's birthday party and he has been craving them ever since.  Imagine that, Chris actually likes some sort of treat.  When you ask him what his favorite dessert is, he'll tell you "hot wings".  While we were at it we got stuff for rice krispie treats.  I don't know why, but I've been really craving them.  We sell them at work and they taunt me daily.  So here's how retarded I am at cooking..... I had to ask how to make corn on the cob, and rice krispie treats.  I am horrible.  Once when grilling hamburgers, I severely burned them.  Hugo didn't mind.  Every time he sees me open the back door he looks at me and licks his lips.  That's why I don't do the BBQ.  Don't get me wrong, I have actually cooked using a cook book and have had success.  I just don't make the effort often.  Luckily Chris doesn't really seem to mind.  This is what happens when your mom is a good cook.  You let her do all the cooking.  You'd think that over the years I would have picked up some of that?  No.  I'm the most oblivious person in the world.  I don't pay attention to pretty much everything.  This is how you end up not knowing how to make corn on the cob.  Also I don't pay attention while a passenger in a car, so I'm horrible at finding my way around places I've been but have never driven to personally.  When we first moved into our house they closed the road I usually took to get to our house.  I was getting home late from work after closing the store and it was really dark.  I got lost and realized that I was circling the block a few times.  I eventually found my way home.  Hey what can I say.  At least I can dial a telephone.

3 comments:

steve-o said...

You and Becca, so much alike. But that also means that you can learn how to cook. You just have to try harder. Becca didn't really know how to cook when we got married, and had a few major kitchen blunders in the beginning. She's gotten a lot better, and has earned the respect of many people she knows (and me) by making everything from scratch--no cake mixes or anything like that.

I'm with Chris on desserts. When the subject of dessert comes up, I'll usually ask for a bowl of beef 'n' broccoli instead, but I'd gladly take a plate of hot wings as well. This is unfortunate, because Becca has little interest in stir-frying, and would rather bake. I have no interest in baked goods.

Your new blog style looks good. I'll excuse the trendy colors. As for the music loading on the side, I hate that on any website. I've actually set up our router to block some of those music services so I don't have to hear the music when I'm reading blogs or websites. I usually already have my own music or the TV going anyway.

Becca Brown said...

I always wondered by that music never worked at home. Now I know. Steve! :P

I would say that learning how to cook has been one of the advantages of not living close to family. I've made many a Thanksgiving dinner by myself (with a little help from Steve). It just takes practice.

Abish said...

Yes, I'm really impressed with Becca's cooking talent. Unfortunately, I don't get to reap any of the rewards from it. It's fun to make things from scratch. I just don't do it very often.

I'm pretty much an idiot when it comes to technology. It look me a while to make all the changes. I had a hard time finding a background I liked. There were a few others that I liked better with not as "trendy colors" but it ended up looking stupid when applied to my blog.