
So yesterday I mentioned a memory of Sariah ripping a page out of my journal. This is where the story comes from. I was a nosey little sister growing up. I enjoyed reading Sariah's journal and then recounting the juicy details in my own journal and then offering my opinion on certain topics. There was one time she mentioned in her journal that a boy she knew named Jackson hadn't rode by on his skateboard in a while. She said she only liked him as a friend in her journal but in my journal I stated that it had to be more than friends because why else would she notice the absence of him on his skateboard. Anyways, my actions got the page torn out of my journal because I didn't have a life of my own to write about. This isn't the only thing that I did. I also learned to master the art of eavesdropping on the telephone. The trick was to unplug the handset, push the mute button, and then plug the handset back in. Also if I was the one that answered the phone I would sometimes just pretend to hang up and then listen in for a while. Of course I ended up being a little more ambitious one time and actually bypassed Sariah completely and tried to just pretend I was her when her friend called. This didn't get very far because she had called to see if Sariah wanted to sleep over. Not such a good plan after all. I don't know why I wasted so much effort on the telephone when the journal was so much easier and juicier. One time when Sariah snuck out with a friend to meet boys down the street. I talked Becca into sneaking out to spy on them. It was pretty funny sneaking down the street in the middle of the road and then trying to lay flat if someone looked our way. I figured that if they saw us, they might just think we were garbage bags. Yeah thats right, garbage bags in the middle of the road that they somehow didn't see when they had just walked down the street moments before. In a journal entry from that time, I stated how my plan was to go over the whole house to find all the squeaky floor boards and stairs so that I could spy on Sariah during a sleep over. Well, I can only blame Sariah for all this. Darn her for being so interesting!
2 comments:
I totally remember following Sariah. We thought we were so sneaky hiding behind cars and trees. Didn't Dad even encourage it?
This is awesome! I love that we grew up together and I remember how you guys were always spying on her and I agree....it is her fault because she always had boys and friends around and we were young and only had each other! ha ha ha.
Post a Comment