Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Walla Walla Memory 3

Filename: j0407932.wmfKeywords: businesses, cash, currencies ...File Size: 16 KB
Play Money:
Like I said before, having a paper route growing up allowed us to have money to actually go and do things and have fun.  Becca and I were always riding our bikes to the bowling alley, miniature golf course, Dairy Queen, or McDonalds.  The McDonalds had the old school playground with the cool toys, like the Grimace merry go round and the hamburger head sheriff jail.  That was pretty fun.  Too bad playgrounds like that are a Tetanus shot waiting to happen.  Anyways, one time at Mcdonalds I think it was me, Becca, and my friend Regan, when we decided to fill out one of those customer opinion cards.  We wrote "our hamburger fell apart" on the card, smeared ketchup and a pickle on it and then dropped it in the drop box.  We thought we were so funny.  During this time I was in 5th grade and Becca was in 4th grade.  Its hard to imagine that we were riding our bikes all over town by ourselves.  We never even told anyone where we were going.  I don't even remember how we figured out where the bowling alley was, I think we must have gone there once and then remembered where it was and found our way back.  We also would ride our bikes to a pet shop that we had gone to once with our parents.  We found our way back there every so often.  Crazy kids.  Sometimes we would surprise my mom at work.  She'd turn around and we'd be right there.  Needless to say, we spent pretty much all our hard earned money on junk food and entertainment.  We did have a savings account while we were in elementary school but by the time we moved to Utah when I was in 7th grade, I had only managed to accumulate about $35.  I keep saying to Chris that there's nothing to do in Walla Walla, but when I was thinking about it yesterday I realized that we always found ways to have fun as kids.

3 comments:

Becca Brown said...

I was bored the other day, so I went online and mapped all the places we rode our bikes to. It was only like a 1 mile radius from our house. Maybe it just seemed further because we were little.

I remember ordering Big Macs because I thought I was too old for Happy Meals. Ha ha ha.

We went to the bowling alley after I went there with some friends for a birthday party.

I had a whole $20 when we closed our savings accounts. I was totally jealous that you had more money than me. Maybe if we could have ridden our bikes to the bank, we would have saved more money. ;)

Abish said...

We didn't even have to go to the bank. Remember? They had it set up in the library so that we could make deposits at school. Before and after school.

Sariah Lunsford said...

Who had the most interesting life?! I didn't know you two got around town so much. I never took my bike anywhere but to Kristina's house.