Thursday, July 24, 2008

this week so far

Cover Image
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Well, I won't really waste anyone's time by going into detail about the plot of this book since I am one of the last people I know to read this.  Let's just say it's about a girl who falls in love with a vampire.  Now, I'll get on with what I thought about the book.  I thought the first 350 pages of this book were VERY boring.  For me, she could have gotten to the action way sooner.  I could have done without the several hundred pages of how Bella was so obsessed with Edward.  I mean, come on!  She gets intoxicated on his breath for goodness sakes!  I also didn't get why Edward said her number was up and that's why he had to follow her around to make sure she didn't die.  One thing that bothered me is the fact that he referred to her as heroin for him.  If this was true, wouldn't he relapse at the end of the book.  He should have at least had to struggle to stop or at least have the others have to make him stop.  I'm being vague in case nobody has read the book yet as to not spoil it for them.  Anyways, another thing that bothered me was the amount of times that she used the word "chagrin".  As in something like "I saw the chagrin on his face".  I have never heard anyone use that word in that way.  Although the definition of chagrin is in a sense "mortification", it still irritated me.  She also had written "I sneaked".  Anyways, the only part that was interesting was the end when all the action happening and once that was resolved it immediately went back to the same boring routine of Edward and Bella being kissy face to each other.  I'll probably end up reading the rest of the series, but there might be other things that I read first.

Nothing much has happened so far this week.  Chris is in the process of looking for a new job.  He is just really sick of his job and they refuse to promote him because he is too "valuable" where he's at.  What B.S.!  Although it does bring anxiety to think about having to adjust our spending habits, I do understand what it's like to be miserable at work and how much happier I am now.  It really isn't worth it to make more money but be so stressed out that you can't be happy on a regular basis.  On another note, we are doing way better on our spending habits this month.  We do, however, need to learn to spend our alloted money in moderation throughout the month.  We've got about a week left and $25 left for groceries with a food supply running low.  Looks like ramen noodles will be my friend.  Actually, I'm making it out to be worse than it is.  We do have food in our house.  Just not the kind we prefer to eat.  I guess we shouldn't have wasted our grocery money on making dirty cups and rice krispie treats.  But they tasted so goooood!  Pictured below: the grocery budget killers.
Oreo Sand & Dirt Cups

2 comments:

Becca Brown said...

Dirty cups sound soo good. Can we make them in WA.

Abish said...

yeah,they are good and yes, we can make them when we go on our trip