Monday, December 1, 2008

And Another Brain Cell Bites the Dust!

The past weekend has been pretty uneventful even with my birthday falling in the middle of it.  

Friday I decided to steer clear of any retail stores.  It is just not that worth it for me to buy more junk that I don't need for cheap.  I saved a lot more money by not buying anything!  Hey people!  Why don't we try that instead?!  I don't think it's necessary to buy a ton of toys for children for Christmas or anybody else.  Easy for me to say when I don't have children right?  Chris and I are kind of Scrooges and haven't really bought Christmas presents for each other for quite some time now.  Birthday presents too.  Sure it takes the fun out of opening presents because there are none but it makes it easier because we just go shopping for what we want.  This year we are thinking about buying exercise equipment for a home gym but are realizing that it'll probably be a few thousand dollars.  The jury is still out on this one because I'm really cheap and we are very close to reaching our goal I set a while ago for our savings and we don't have any credit card debt.  Friday night I worked and it was pretty uneventful, nothing too crazy for a busy shopping day.

Saturday was my birthday.  I worked in the morning and then Chris and I went out to dinner and then went shopping for clothes for me.  I wasn't too impressed with the selection from my usual clothing retailers so the damage was well within my birthday budget.  This is another reason for the home gym.  I seriously have a misshapen body and don't like how things are fitting me right now.  I swear!  Guys have it so easy sometimes.  I don't even think Chris tries clothes on before he buys them.  What a depressing end to a birthday, remembering how fat you are right now.  :-P

Sunday I had to work.  Hey someone's got to pay the bills.

So I'm 28 and my brain cells are fewer than they were before.  Saturday I was trying to do some paperwork and I kept entering in the sales information wrong.  I thought "Wow, I really am dumber than I was yesterday."  This is pretty scary when you don't have much to start with.  We already know I can't spell well.  Sometimes I combine two thoughts into one while speaking, making absolutely no sense to anyone but myself.  This happened today at work when I combined the words "gift" and "newsstand" into one word, "giftstand" this was not on purpose by the way.  I have a very poor memory for useful information but can remember a lot of unimportant facts about celebrities.  People will ask me authors of well known books and I'll draw a blank sometimes.  After looking it up I'll think "I knew that!"  At this rate, I'll totally be brain dead by the time I'm 50!

Overall it was a nice birthday, even though I had to work.  It's expected when you have a birthday that falls on Thanksgiving weekend occasionally and you work in retail.  Danielle, one of my sidekicks at work, bought me a yummy pie and it wasn't too crazy at work.  I was clock watching bad after 1:30 though.  Every 15 minutes I was asking if it was 5 o'clock.  Thanks everyone for wishing me a Happy Birthday, even if some of you were a little late (or still late, get with the program!)  My favorite well wisher was from my nephew Teo, he called and asked "Is it Grandma's birthday today?" I told him it wasn't and that it was my birthday and he said "Oh, okay!  Bye!"  Poor kid was a little confused!  We have a lot of November birthdays in my family and mine was the fourth one of the month.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Hey sorry I'm so late but I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday! I kind of forgot about the computer while I was in Utah, but now I'm home and catching up. I wish we could of came to visit you but things got pretty crazy and we didn't make it to have the places we had planned.

Amanda Stephan said...

I am a late one!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I promise I remembered but I was sick in bed this weekend...boo! Sounds like how we celebrate...dinner...woo hoo! ha ha. I do like the present part but I need to be like you and not do anything because we buy what we want all of the time! I will be very jealous if you get a home gym..I want one! ha ha.

Thompson's said...

I know what you mean about memory loss. I swear with each of my kids I loss more memory capabilities.