
This is out my front door. You can't see it, but our porch is a serious hazard. Chris has to get it cleared off. This was one of the agreements of getting a 4-wheeler, to plow our driveway!

Hugo, he looks sad but he is just wondering what I'm doing. Don't feel bad for him. He's a snow dog after all! I wonder if he's hoping to live in the garage again this winter. Fat chance Hugo, you ruined it when you trashed the garage last winter!

This is what it looks like out our back door. It looks kind of cool but is only good for one reason: pulling a sled behind the 4-wheeler!
Did I mention how I hate snow already? Yuck! It's snowing again, really hard. I really don't like leaving the house when it's this bad. You just never know how the roads are going to be. Last winter the roads were so bad one day, they were solid ice. It took me I think almost 2 hours to get to work. Cars were moving at a snails pace. I remember driving at the pace the car naturally idles and still having to use the breaks because the car would fishtail. Not only do you have to worry about yourself, you have to worry about the idiots who think they don't have to slow down. I almost got hit last year when a truck in front of me lost control and flew into the guardrail. This is why you don't tailgate in the winter. He must have missed me by a few feet. Here's a lesson some people don't learn until it's too late: Just because you have 4-wheel drive, it doesn't mean you are invincible! A few weeks after getting the Range Rover oh so long ago, Chris and his friends almost crashed in the church parking lot because it was solid ice and they couldn't stop. Oh, and another thing I utterly despise: scraping the ice off the windows! Not cool! Last winter I was at work and discovered I had a flat tire. Martin, our old assistant manager, changed my tire in a snow storm! I was forever grateful to him because that day I was an idiot and was wearing ballet flats! Ballet flats! In my defense, it wasn't snowing when I left the house. I didn't have a coat on and by the time I got in my car, my feet were completely wet and frozen. Could you imagine changing a tire? Yikes! Chris was late again for work. This drives him crazy because he hates being late. It took him over an hour to get to work today. Leaving work an hour earlier than usual is not cool and I'm not looking forward to it. Luckily I don't work until later today, so in theory I'll have enough time to get to work. I just hate being early for anything! Imagine what I could be doing at home with that extra time.............like messing around on the computer!
4 comments:
I'm not a fan of snow either. Today when I left for work it was not snowing. But when I got off work it was snowing horribly so I made my husband drive all the way to Orem to drive me home. Don't get me wrong my kids and I build stuff in the snow every year. But I only like it when I do not have to be anywhere.
I agree with Rachel. Snow is only tolerable when you're indoors with a blanket and cup of cocoa.
Ew...I want to cry for you! That looks awful! I'm sooooo glad I don't live somewhere like that...I can't stand snow!
Snow rules. We got like 6-7" today. Awesome.
Post a Comment