I came home from work today and Chris was sitting in the family room with a silly look on his face. When I asked him what he was doing he moved a pillow out from in between the couches and this is what was behind it:

I was not expecting to see a little puppy sitting there and was a little shocked. It took me a little while to figure out that the puppy was real. She is the cutest little puppy ever! She is really shy and that's why she is hiding. She likes to hide anywhere she can find some sort of crevasse. This means in between the couches, between the couch and the recliner, under the coffee table, or if she's on your lap she hides under your arm.

We have talked about getting another dog for years now and keep telling ourselves no since we have Hugo. Chris has been looking for Malamutes in Utah and the selection has been pretty bad. Most are out of state and/or really expensive. Pure bread Malamutes have been running $1500+ so when Chris' sister
Shalese called and said there was one in Pleasant Grove for $500, he couldn't resist. She also had a sister but Chris didn't get her. I almost feel sad he didn't get two because I don't want her to get lonely while we are at work.

She is really shy and misses her family. It has taken her a while to get used to us. We have talked about what we would name a puppy if we were to get one and "
Monstie the Monster Pup" and "
Gigantasaurous Rex" were high our our list of names (because we wanted a giant sized Malamute). Although
Monstie was highly considered, we didn't use it since
Monstie is one of my nicknames.
Mockie Lock is another name that Chris has called me in the past but was never high in the nickname
hierarchy , so we gave her that name. How do you name pets anyway? People names are just weird for pets and every time I hear of a guy named Hugo, it makes me make a funny face.

Monstie is 7 weeks old and has already peed on the carpet several times! We are planning on making her a house dog which means we have a lot of work to do. Not only do we have the task of housebreaking her, we have the task of dogbreaking me! I'm allergic to animals and have already gotten patches of hives on my arms and an itchy throat. I'm hoping that I'll get used to it in time but until then, I'll have to take some meds on a regular basis. :-p

Monstie is very vocal. She barks, growls, whimpers, and howls.......a lot. If she is having anxiety, she lets you know. She likes to watch TV.

She is howling in the above picture. I think she is destined to be a spoiled brat. If we can't prevent our dog from being such, how will our kids turn out?!!

All the pictures of Mockie pretty much make her eyes look blue. Malamutes actually have brown eyes (which she has) if they are pure bred. If they have mixed blood then they'll have mixed eyes or blue eyes. This is why Hugo has one blue eye and one brown eye.
Now that we have a new dog, I guess this means we won't be having children for another year or so. Just kidding, this is the running joke for me. With everything we buy, car, 4-wheeler, etc, I've said we'll have to wait a year to have kids because of the money we just spent. Now with the addition of a home gym and a little puppy, seems like that should be the case. We shall see. My ovaries can't get any dustier than they are this moment.
2 comments:
What a cute puppy. I am alergic as well which is the main excuss I use to not getting a pet. However, I really do not like dealing with the pee, the hair, or the barking so even though I could get on meds to get my kids a pet dog or cat I refuse to. I am one that likes to look at the cuteness but does not want to deal with the annoyances. Maybe its because I already have kids.
Adorable! I want to nibble on her she is so dang cute! Now you better not neglect Hugo....he will need a little extra love right now! lol. You need to have a baby while you have a puppy so that they are used to each other! And it seems as if she would be the bestest big sister! hee hee.
Post a Comment