Saturday was Chris' family Christmas party which was held at his sister Sam's house. We had a good time eating, visiting and of course, playing Rock Band. I'm ashamed to say that those little kids are better at it than me! It's funny to watch little kids with a guitar pretty much the size of their bodies, playing Rock Band. Not only are they good at the guitar, they have much better rhythm than me on the drums. I'm pretty amazed. Little kids are not only better at video games than me, they are much more technology savvy. By the time I pop out a kid, it'll be born with a cell phone one hand and an ipod in the other! I got a Twilight shirt for Chris' little brother Taylor (he's 8) who is completely obsessed with Twilight. He was pretty excited about the shirt and posters that I got for him. I gave him 4 posters since he wanted to put them all over the place. Pretty funny!
Chris and I are still in search of the elements for our home gym. We decided that we would get a treadmill instead of an elliptical. I'm thinking that we will get everything sometime this week or next. Chris is getting pretty impatient about it. I'm pretty excited. I need to get in some serious shape!
Other notes of randomness, I'm not sure if we will be putting up a Christmas tree this year. We are totally going Grinch this year and not putting up any decorations. In fact, I still have my spring wreath on my door. I think it's denial. I think changing the wreath on my door might be all I'll do this year. Putting up the tree is too much work and so is taking it down. Since we will have no presents to put under the tree and will probably not be hosting Christmas at our house, there is no real reason for all the effort. This is probably the last year Chris and I will be able to do this since it would be unacceptable for this to happen once we have children. Another thing that has been bringing out the Grinch in me is the snow. Everyone has been wishing for snow for a while and is so excited about it. Last night we had our second snow storm of the season and it was a pretty good one. Thankfully, I didn't have to work today. Chris left for work extra early this morning and was still late for work! It took about an hour to drive from our house to his work in Orem. Usually this takes less than 30 minutes. I am not looking forward to taking more than twice the usual time in my car. I guess it's time to get out the audio books again! This is going to be a big challenge for me since I'm not as good as I should be on leaving for work in enough time. I usually make it to work about 5 minutes late which is not too bad considering I leave for work 10-15 minutes later than I should! Thank goodness for the lack of Highway Patrol most days! So for the sake of punctuality and a clean driving record, I'll try harder to give myself extra time to get to work. I did it all last winter and I should be able to do it again (in theory).
On another note, in reading over this post, I've noticed that the wording that I'm using is a little different than usual. I guess it's the several hours a day of reading Jane Austen. It's weird how that happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment