Sunday, December 7, 2008

Regulators!!!!!!!! Mount up.

I've been working all week and not really up to much.  Friday night Chris and I were watching Modern Marvels on the History Channel and it was about accuracy shooting and we started joking around.  I was pretending to be Angelina Jolie on Wanted trying to curve a bullet.  It was pretty funny.  This inspired Chris to call his dad and set up a shooting date.  Yesterday we took his dad's handguns up the canyon and shot at some bottles, cans and a cardboard person that looked more like a ghost.  Turns out I'm a pretty deadly aim when I want to be.  I was shooting cans out of trees and that ghost didn't even have a chance.  He got a few right in the eye.  It was a lot of fun but a little cold and ammo is kind of expensive.  I tried my hand at shooting a .22 cal, a 9mm, a .40, a 357 mag (this is a revolver that Chris and his dad call "Dirty Harry"), 38 special, and a desert eagle 44.  I didn't like shooting the 38 special because it had a mean recoil and it would hurt your hand.  Chris' dad has a concealed weapons permit and that's the one he carries around.  I'm very good at shooting the .22 caliber, which is Chris' gun that he keeps at his dad's house, but it doesn't do much damage so this wouldn't be my weapon of choice.  I would probably go with the 9 mm or the .40 since I am a very good shot at those too.  I'd choose the desert eagle if it weren't as heavy and big.  Don't worry, I didn't try to curve any bullets.  We don't want any wild shots going around killing people!  All this shooting inspired Chris and his dad to go on a search to find an AR15.  This is a semi automatic assault rifle for those of you who are ignorant of guns like me.  They really want one bad but can't find any for sale.  I told Chris if he buys one then I'll have to get an Uzi.  He said "Those are illegal!"  I said "Anyone who sees my Uzi won't live to tell about it!"  ha ha.  Shooting guns really brought out my inner Lara Croft from playing Tomb Raider back in the day.  Trust me, you don't want to cross me when I have a firearm in possession!  I don't think we'll be running out buying guns anytime soon.  People are stocking up on guns and ammo right now because they think that Obama is going to try and ban them.  Chris' dad said that if things get really bad, we'll need a machine gun to get to his house to live off his food storage since we don't have any.  Which would be more economical, a machine gun or our own food storage?  Chris thinks a machine gun because we could take other people's food.  We'll see what happens when he actually finds one for sale.  Until then, the debate continues........  
Colt Rifles/Shotguns Colt M4 Match Target Rifl
This is the weapon in question.
Wanted
Could this be me in the distant future?

3 comments:

Becca Brown said...

I really want to shoot a gun. I'm hoping my father-in-law will take me while we're in CA for Christmas.

A while ago Steve told me he wanted an AR-15. I just laughed at him because it's soooo not happening.

Thompson's said...

Thats cool that you went shooting :) Was Chris at all nervous that you were holding an actual weapon?

Abish said...

He wasn't nervous at the time but he is a weary now that he knows I'm a good shot!