Along with the adventures in potty training, we have the pleasure of playtime. Mockie is very affectionate. She likes to play with us. The only bad thing is, she has razor sharp teeth. She bites us when she plays and it hurts so bad when she bites your hands or feet too hard. I've screamed a few times and she has just barked at me. She likes to sharpen those teeth on the back leg of the recliner. I've caught her gnawing on it today and it's pretty chewed up. When I started getting mad at her for doing it, she moved on to chewing the coffee table and even the leg of the couch once. The sneaky little monster! I finally decided to give her one of Hugo's bones and she was a little hesitant at first but is now gnawing away at that. Another thing that Mockie was suspicious of at first were the toys that we got her. There was a bag of them at Costco that we bought and she wouldn't have anything to do with them for about 2 days and when I came home from work Chris told me she was practically ripping them to shreds earlier when he got home. I guess she was working out her frustrations on the toys. One thing that we still can't get her to warm up to is her bed. We had it in the living room for a while and tried to get her to lay on it but she would run away the second we set her on it. I put it in our bedroom and she stood in the doorway barking and refused to come in the room because she saw her bed in there. She wouldn't come into the room until she saw me drag it back out. We'll have to work with her on that one.
I've often thought about how hard it is to have a puppy at home and it's almost like having a baby. My mom even told me that she'd rather have a real grandchild from us then a puppy. I've been woken up throughout the night to run her outside ever since we got her. She's so demanding and sassy, she makes Hugo look like a little angel! It's really hard though to look at that adorable face and stay mad for long. Chris' family is so excited to see her that she's coming on the Christmas rounds with us. I'm still having allergies from her. Yesterday and today were pretty bad. My eyes were pretty watery.
Oh and to clear up the confusion on how to say her name, it's said like Maw-key not Mow-key. There's been a few people who have said it wrong. I've been second guessing myself on the spelling. I was thinking in terms of mock, as in to mock someone. I can see the confusion.
No comments:
Post a Comment