Thursday, October 9, 2008

Slap that baby!

I haven't really been up to anything lately.  The other day Chris and I went to Park City and did some shopping.  That was a lot of fun but I wish I had more money to spend!  I'm getting a little broke and it makes me really sad.  One of the Merchandise Managers, Shannyn, at work left to go back home to St George last week so that she can get ready for her mission.  She is going to Japan and her fairwell is in November.  I'm so sad to see her go.  She is Australian and has a lot of funny stories.  I'm going to miss her accent!  It was kind of weird this week not having her at work but she said she'll come back to B&N when she gets back.  A bunch of us from work got together for dinner at Happy Sumo and a few of us ended up talking outside afterward for 4 hours about nonsense.  Yes, strange characters work at bookstores.  

Steffanie came by the house today to borrow my sewing machine to make Kalia a quilt.  Yes, I have a sewing machine.  I know I'm not the craftiest person in town but I thought I might need one and bought it last year because it was cheap.  I only used it once to sew the curtains and runners for my dresser and nightstands for my room last year.  Well, I wasn't the one that actually sewed them, it was my mom.  She pushed me out of the way and told me we'd be there all night if I did it.  I'm a little slow.  So I don't mind if someone wants to borrow it and put it to use.  Problem is, she called me to see how to thread it and I said "Sorry, can't help you there, my mom did that."  Teo came in to help take the sewing machine out to the car and Steffanie told him to say his latest favorite saying to me.  Turns out we created a monster when we made him watch the Labyrinth when we went to Walla Walla.  He said "Slap that baby, make him pee in the toilet!"  Apparently Nephi has been playing him clips of the movie on the computer for him and he likes the "Dance Magic" song.  What a great movie.  I like how he changed the words.  He also likes to watch the "Charlie bit my finger" video on Youtube and yells "Ouch Charlie!"  When Kalia hits him in the face.  It's funny when you run into a friend of the Charlie video.  The other day at work Chris said a guy said his finger hurt like someone bit it and Chris said "Charlie bit me" and the guy said "and it still hurts".  How random.

Other news, yesterday Chris' brother Zach came home from Hawaii.  He did massage therapy on a cruise ship for 10 months.  We went over to Chris' mom's house and hung out for a while.  Chris gets pretty rowdy when he's around his family.  He enjoys an audience and when they laugh it only encourages him to keep going.  They were laughing pretty hard, unfortunately at the expense of the people Chris decided to imitate.  They are a crazy bunch of people and definitely enjoy having a good time.  We don't get to see them nearly enough.  Chris was trying to organize a roller skating party tonight and was pretty bummed  when everyone canceled.  It's fine with me since I would have probably been falling down all the time anyway.

1 comment:

Becca Brown said...

Teo is so funny. The "slap that baby" quote was one of our favorites too.