Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Battle of the Guitar Hero

Saturday night we went out to dinner with our friends Aaron and Andrea and their two cute kids.  Their little boy Braydon (I think that's how you spell it) was hilarious.  I think he's one years  old.  We were watching tv at their house and he ran over to Chris and I with a dead serious look on his face and rolled over us.  He would have rolled all the way off of us onto the floor if Chris didn't grab him.  Then he'd do it again like he was trying to crush us with his body but he's just a little kid.  We were laughing so hard.  Of course he did this when his parents were out of the room.  This little boy had so much energy.  After they put him to bed Aaron told his that he likes to slam his back into the couch cushions and bounce back and keep slamming his back into it over and over.  He does this to his crib too and they said it's really loud and he does it before he goes to bed.  Sure enough we hear a loud banging sound coming from his room.  That must be a heavy duty crib to put up with the daily abuse from that little boy.  It was pretty funny, he did it for what seemed like 30 minutes to an hour.  Little kids are too funny.  

Last night Chris and I went up to his mom's house to celebrate Chris' brother Zach's birthday.  We had dinner and cake and ice cream.  Of course Chris had to be center of attention by entertaining everyone and teasing his niece Sadie about having a boyfriend and beating her up.  She's about 14 now I think.  Chris' brother in law ran into someone, in Colorado (I think) while he was there for work, who knew their Grandma and Grandpa.  He came back the next day and gave him a letter for Chris' family about memories that he had of them and of what great people they were.  Both of Chris' grandparents on his mom's side are now dead and that was really great for them to read.  What a small world it is some times when things like that happen.  It makes you wonder about what kind of impact you have on the people around you and what they would say about you when you are gone.  That was really nice of that man to take the time to write something down and bring it back the next day so that Chris' family could have it.

Chris has been super obsessed with getting Guitar Hero World Tour.  He likes to play Rock Band when we go over to his sister Sam's house and he's been trying to get my approval to buy it.  Although it would be fun to have I just am having a hard time justifying it.  We have Guitar Hero and we don't really play it.  We played it a lot the first month we had it but after that we've played very little.  We've had it since February.  Chris said we could get it and it would be fun to have when we have parties.   I told him "What parties, you hate to have people come over."  He was mad and told me that I just didn't want to be in his band.  I told him that I didn't really have time to invest in band practice and that it wasn't fair to the band.  I also tried to convince him that giving the money to me for clothes instead would be a better investment because the clothes I would buy would be used on a regular basis whereas the Guitar Hero would get played for a while and then probably set aside.  Right now we keep going back and forth on the issue. One day I'll come home and Chris will be banging on the drums and that will be that.  I guess that'll mean more parties.

No comments: