Saturday, October 4, 2008

Ghosts!

Filename: AG00410_.gifKeywords: celebrations, floating, flying ...File Size: 5 KB
One thing I like about this time of year is the amount of shows on ghosts on tv.  Last night we watched a show on the Travel Channel about the scariest haunted houses.  Chris said if he had a haunted house he would make everyone walk through it by themselves.  I agreed that if you were alone in the dark and things were jumping out at you, that it would be a lot scarier.  There was one haunted house on there that started out in someones backyard and decided to move after 6 years of blocking up roads in the neighborhood.  Could you imagine a haunted house next door and all the noise, people and cars?  That would be so annoying.  There have also been shows about haunted hotels that people like to go to because they want to see a ghost.  I like to hear about ghosts but I don't think I'd want to actually see one.  

My mom has a bunch of ghost stories.  Samoans are very superstitious and she has seen her fair share of ghosts throughout her life.  One of her infamous ghost stories includes the house her grandma lived in that was haunted.  She would go to visit and ghosts would be cleaning the house.  When they'd be downstairs, the ghosts would be upstairs and if they were upstairs the ghosts would move downstairs.  My mom claims to have seen brooms move by themselves and dishes being washed and put away by nobody.  At night the dogs would go crazy chasing a crying baby ghost around the house.  Turns out the house was built on a old family graveyard and that's why it was haunted.  They picked up the house and moved the bones and after that the ghosts were gone.  I don't know if I like the idea of my house being built on a graveyard, (Hello!  Have you seen the movie Poltergeist?!)  but I wouldn't mind my house being cleaned!  ha ha.  

Another ghost story that happened recently happened to my aunt and uncle.  My uncle came home from work and when he tried to get in the house someone kept relocking the door and wouldn't let him in.  He thought it was my aunt playing a trick on him so he went around to the back door and tried to get in but couldn't.  After a while he pretended like he was walking around to the other door and was able to get in the house only to find my aunt sleeping in bed.  Chris' response to this story was "Dumb ghosts fall for the fake footsteps every time!"  Turns out, that same night my aunt said she heard noises in the kitchen while she was trying to sleep.  It sounded like people talking and cooking.  The next day after comparing notes with each other they realized that it was my Grandma's birthday that day and she was probably having a party at their house.  Chris' response to this story was "Ghosts eat?"  I guess Samoans like to party so much that they do it as ghosts too.

There are a few more ghosts stories from my mom but I'll save them for later.  Does anyone have any good ghost stories? Do you believe in ghosts?

No comments: