Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pervert Alert!

Today was an interesting day at work.  I had a customer come up to me while I was the Manager on duty and complain about a man that had exposed himself to him in the restroom and then a few moments later out on our salesfloor.  The customer said the man had left and gave me a description of the man.  Unfortunately because of legal issues, we cannot call the police and tell them a person has done something like this unless we have seen it for ourselves.  I told the customer he can call the police if he wants to report it, but we couldn't do it for him.  Later after the customer left I saw a man that matched the description and observed him acting suspiciously.  This man either had some bodily issues or he was the pervert.  I saw him go to the restroom twice within 15-20 minutes of each other and then stayed in the restroom for at least 30 minutes probably since I had seen him go in and out.  Luckily I had to leave before something else happened.  It is hard to understand why people do things like this and why they would return to the same place to repeat it.  Apparently there is a guy that goes from store to store and does this up in the Salt Lake area.  I also don't understand why they do this in bookstores of all places.  In all my years in retail.  I have never had anything like this happen before.  

1 comment:

steve-o said...

Maybe it's just a Barnes & Noble thing. My sister was in the B&N by my parents' home in LA her senior year of high school and turned the corner in the back of the store to find a guy whackin' it and...um...finishing up on the books on the shelf. It was definitely one of the more traumatic experiences of her life.