I was skeptical about this book when it first came out because I heard it was a modern day Romeo and Juliet. Come on people! How about an original story line! After seeing it pop up on a few recommends lists and one of my coworkers giving it a thumbs up, I decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed. It actually turned out to be one of the best fiction novels I've read in a while.
Julie and Janice are twins with very little in common. Living with their Great Aunt after their parents died when they were three, their previous life in Italy and facts about their parents, were never talked about. Everything was divided equally. That's why it was strange when Aunt Rose dies and leaves everything to Janice, everything but a key to a safety deposit box from a bank in Italy that their mother left her. She also finds out that her name isn't Julie Jacobs but Giuletta Tolomei. This new knowledge and adventure is supposed to all take place without telling her sister Janice. When she arrives in Italy, she discovers that she is a descendent of Juliet, the inspiration for Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Even more strange, is that her family is still in a centuries long feud with another family. Julie sets on a quest that her parents started, trying to discover the truth behind the real Romeo and Juliet. The truth that someone else has taken seriously enough to kill for.
No comments:
Post a Comment