Saturday, July 25, 2009

Exercising

Lately I've been pretty bored.  Sunday was pretty bad since I was home all day with nothing to do and nobody to talk to but the dogs.  I was so bored that I ended up exercising for 2 1/2 hours.  After a successful day of exercise.  I decided it would be a good idea to continue exercising this week since I can afford to lose 3o pounds.  My goal was to exercise more than 1 hour a day.  This way I can log extra time on days that I exercise so that I can afford to skip a day or two.  This week I've exercised a total of 7 1/2 hours and am still debating on exercising some time tonight.  With my extended workouts, I was able to skip 3 days and it's the same as exercising for 1 hour every day.  What do you think of this theory?  When I exercise for this long, I am usually doing different things.  Most of the time I am doing an hour video followed by time reading while walking on the treadmill at a good incline.  Another day I watched a whole movie while I was on the treadmill.  This wasn't such a good idea since I got blisters on my heels from my cursed extra low rise socks.  I've also done a video/dog walking combo.  Since I'm wearing my brace on my hand I'm not really able to really agitate it by doing any weight lifting so I am really careful while using hand weights during my videos.  It gets pretty interesting when I have to do pushups, mountain climbers, or burpees.  I've been feeling pretty exhausted this week and I think exercising has helped me a little bit as far as helping with my energy level. 

No comments: