Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Puppy all grown up

Sorry, I just can't resist.  I haven't talked about Mockie for a while and now she's getting so big.  She turned 3 months last week.  She weighed 32 pounds when I took her to the vet.  It seems like one day we woke up and she was huge!  She can now reach things that she couldn't before which means we have to be careful.  She can now reach us on the bed but still too small to actually get on our bed.  She also can reach things on our kitchen counter!  Talk about a gigantor pup!  She's as hyper as ever!  She's learning to not complain as much when I put her out in her kennel.  She's also pretty bad when we let her outside, she has learned that she can go over to the neighbors and also runs away from us when we try to catch her.  We are getting our backyard fenced in soon because she is a bad influence on Hugo.  He usually stays in the yard but has learned to go to the neighbors too.  We've already gotten an estimate on the fence.  Thank goodness we only have to fence the back and not the sides.  It's going to cost us almost $2000!  Yikes.  Almost half of that is labor so maybe we'll do it ourselves.  Now when I let Mockie out, I make her go right in her kennel.  I hate chasing her around the yard and she doesn't listen very well when she's focused on playing around.  
Look at her huge ears!  They are so soft.  Also she's lost her cubby looking face.  I'm sad about that.  She was so cute before and now she's looking more like an adult, well maybe more like a toddler than a baby.
She likes to get in your business when you're trying to do something.  Here she is while I'm on the computer.  She also is better at taking baths and Chris can do it by himself now without my help.  She's more calm when you're inside the tub with her and he fills the bottom of the tub with water.  Before we were both outside the tub using the detachable shower head.  One of us had to hold her down while the other did the scrubbing.  This will make bathing a 100 pound dog a lot easier in the future.  
This little monster doesn't like to hold still for very long.  She pulled the couch pillow off the couch and started to attack it.  When I yelled at her she barked back defiantly and ran off.  What a little sass!  

5 comments:

steve-o said...

Zzzzz...

Abish said...

Shush! I love my little puppy!

Becca Brown said...

It's more sickening in person. Seriously Abish, you just need to have a baby.

Abish said...

No thank you! having this pup is enough for now.

Season said...

I can't believe how big she is. That is crazy. What a cutie.