Friday, February 27, 2009

Ranger's Apprentice: The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan

The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice Series #1), Vol. 1 by John Flanagan: Book Cover
It's been a while since I read a young readers book (aged 7+).  This series is really popular and I always recommend it but haven't read it.  It's really good.  It's about a boy named Will living in a castle as a castle ward (orphan).  He reaches the age where him and his ward mates have to pick a career to be apprenticed to.  He wants to be a Knight but is too small, also since he's kind of mischevious, none of the craftmasters want to pick him as an apprentice.  The Ranger (like in Lord of the Rings) picks Will as his appentice and begins to train him.  There is an evil Lord named Morgarath who tried to take over the kingdom a long time ago and decides to try again.  I think this is book 1 of 7 and I'll probably read more.

No comments: