Saturday, February 7, 2009

Stardust with Claire Danes: DVD Cover
Stardust, Rated PG13
This movie is reminiscent of Princess Bride.  Part fairy tale part comedy.  This is about a boy who starts out trying to win the heart of a girl he likes by retrieving a falling star.  The star has fallen on the opposite side of a wall which divides the real world from another world.  He finds out that the falling star is a girl.  The star is being pursued by some witches who want to kill her for her heart (which lets them live forever), and also some Princes who want a necklace she possesses in order to claim their throne.  The boy ends up helping the star while looking for his mother who his father met while he was younger and crossed the wall.  I really enjoyed this movie.  This is based on the book Stardust by Neil Gaiman.

1 comment:

Becca Brown said...

I really liked this movie too. I think I might buy it eventually.