This book is about a 15 year old boy the woman who comes to his "rescue" when he is ill on his way home from school. He goes back to thank her and they end up developing a sexual relationship. Many years after she disappears from his life, he runs into her again. She is being tried for being a guard at Nazi Concentration camp. Unwilling to defend herself he comes to realize that she is guarding a secret she considers more shameful than murder. I read this book because I was thinking about watching the movie and I like to read the books before seeing the movies made from them. Although the book is about their sexual relationship, it focuses more about how it effects the boy at the time and later in life. It's kind of sad what happens at the end of the book. I liked the book but it wasn't one of my favorites. It didn't take very long to read, I finished it in one day.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment