Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Things

I was tagged to write 25 random facts about myself.  I'm really having a hard time coming up with just one!  This may take a while!

1. Lately I've been totally addicted to playing ridiculous games on the internet.  My favorite two are Cake Mania (customers come in the shop and order a cake, you have to give them a menu, select the correct cake shape, correct frosting and then give it to the customer and take their money.  It gets kind of tricky when there are too many customers at once.  If you take too long, the customers get mad and leave.  You have to make a certain amount of money each day.  The other one is called Bush Hot Dog Stand (I think) same concept but with hot dogs and hamburgers.  It took me forever to pass the last level but I did it.  Many many many hours have been wasted on these games!

2. I'm a deadly aim with a handgun.  I forgot to mention that Chris and his dad bought an AR15 a few weeks ago.  Um....yah.  Watch out!

3.  The heros in my life are totally unrelated.  My childhood hero: Karen Carpenter.  My adulthood hero: George Washington.  Enough said.

4. I have a phobia of giving birth.  The idea of it gives me anxiety at times.  Nothing serious.  It just freaks me out thinking about the weight gain, morning sickness, not to mention popping the baby out.  Yikes!

5. I work in a bookstore and haven't read any of the Harry Potter books.  I keep this fact a secret because people gasp when I say it out loud, like I just committed bookseller sacrilege!

6. I don't own an ipod.  Call me old fashioned.  I got Chris his first one last July for his birthday and he puts his to good use.  To be honest, I don't really listen to music all that much.  

7. A few friends at work talked about this the other day.  One of my pet peeves at work is when I ask someone if I can help them and they say "I'm looking for a book".  Really?  I don't know why you would look for a book in a bookstore!  This actually happens 7 out of 10 customers.  Should I just ask "What book are you looking for?" but what if they were actually looking for a magazine or game?  CD's and DVDs are sold in a separate area of the store.  People should just say "I'm looking for the book (insert name here)".  What's worse than this is when they say, they're looking for a book of which they don't know the name of, or author of, and then expect us to pull it out of thin air!

8. Another bookseller sacrilege: enjoying Dan Brown books.  I've read quite a few and enjoyed them.  I also know quite a few people who have enjoyed them, none of which work in a book store.  Apparently he's not a very good author and his characters are like cardboard cutouts.  Hmm, now that I think about it.  All his books I read are pretty similar.

9. I'm an idiot when it comes to technology.  I am pretty much functional but if something goes wrong, I'm screwed.  What's the point of having a phone with so many features?  I never use them.  As long as I don't end up using the Jitterbug phone and can email without a hitch, then I'm satisfied.

10.  I'm a blog stalker.  Not so much now that Mockie consumes most of my time.  I used to check everyone's blogs 2-3 times a day for updates.  What a loser!

11. I used to aspire to sing on the karaoke CD's on the vocalist tracks.  You know, the crappy singers you practice with when you're learning the song.  I still might do this.  I actually inquired at a place once but never sent in a demo.  Too lazy.  I still cringe when I hear the crappy singers they have.  Where do they find these people?

12. For someone who spent more than 10 years of my life working at Kmart, I've only walked in one a handful of times in the past year.  It's not like I'm avoiding it.  My places I shop now are Costco and Smiths, I'm a little lazy and put things off if I have to buy things anywhere else.

13. I'm paranoid that I might get a bunion.  Is that how you spell it?  You know, the boney bump on the side of your foot.  Anyways, I've grown a boney bump on my foot but it's not so much on the side, it's more on the top.  A few people have told me it's a bunion but I refuse to believe it.  Maybe I'm in denial.  I blame ballet flats.  

14. I used to be so organized.  In high school I arranged my clothes by type, and then by color or print.  If there was an empty hanger, I knew exactly which shirt was missing and that there was a thief about (either Becca or Sariah).  Now a days, I'm lucky to keep my clothes off the floor or put away out of the laundry basket.

15. After two years of high school German, I can only say a few lame phrases.  Ich bin Abish.  Ich habe Hunger.  What more do I need to say?  My name and that I'm hungry.  Did I even get that right?  Sorry Steve, I don't have your talent.

16.  I think I have a very low brain capacity.  I told a friend at work the other day that if one bit of information goes in my brain, another has to come out.

17.  For someone who has a fear of having children, I've had baby names picked out pretty much since Chris and I were dating.  Our first girl will be named Aubrey Olivia, our first boy, Kenyon Christopher.  I also like the name Simone for a girl but as a middle name.  Maybe Taryn Simone.  I haven't decided yet.  Chris also likes the name Donovan.  By the time we actually have kids, we'll probably change our minds.

18.  I weighed myself the other day and was in shock!  Over the past year I think I've gained 25 Lbs.  Unbelievable!  I worked so hard to lose weight back in 2007 only to gain it back in 2008!  I blame the Barnes & Noble Cafe, my frosty float addiction, banana split addiction, and lack of exercise, among other things. :-p  Good thing we have a home gym now, I just have to put it to use.

19.  I am always tired.  I used to be so tired when I lived at home, that I'd come home from school and fall asleep.  I'd even sleep through dinner.  Sometimes I'd sleep in until 1pm or even 3pm if I was being ambitious.  When we first got married, I'd come home, make dinner and then be asleep by 6pm.  Horrible.  This is probably how I gained all that blasted weight to begin with.  I haven't been this bad for a few years but if I don't have to be somewhere, I won't be up until 11 or noon.

20. Chris and I are very anti Walmart.  We will not shop there unless it is an absolute emergency and there are no other stores open.  Chris got a gift card for Walmart at work and he sold it to someone.  Also don't mention Walmart to Chris without expecting to hear about it being a cancer on society.

21. One time Chris got stung by a wasp by his eye.  It got so swollen he looked like Quasimodo (sp?).  I couldn't look at him in the face.  He was kind of sad when I told him that it was because he looked like a monster and was scaring me.  I also forced him to go to the doctor to get it checked out saying that I didn't want to be married to someone with one eye.  I know it was rude and I hope I won't be as cold hearted if something like this would actually happen.

22. In high school, I thought Adam Sandler was so hot.  Hello Billy Madison!  When Chris and I first met, he reminded me of Adam Sandler.  Enough said.

23.  I love the movie The Labyrinth with David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly.  All of my life I thought the Dance Magic Dance song said "Slap that baby make him pee!"  The other day I watched it with the subtitles on at that spot.  It said "Slap that baby make him free!"  This makes no sense whatsoever!  Why would you slap a baby to make him free?  You could however slap a baby and make him pee!  I refuse to believe it says free and am sticking with pee!  Anyone dare to contradict me?  Listen to it and tell me it doesn't say pee.

24.  Okay, this is totally gross but I don't shave my legs regularly.  It goes along with the sleep thing.  I'd rather sleep than wake up early to shave my legs.  One time in high school I had a dream that I was shot in the back in front of my house but ran inside to shave my legs before the ambulance came.  I really hope I don't get in a car wreck while my legs are looking like they do.  Yikes!

25.  Hmm, one more thing.  During high school, our house was toilet papered pretty much once a month.  It drove my parents crazy and we'd have to clean it up.  We'd just spray it down with the hose.  It was probably just boys having crushes on us.  Either that or the fact that we were usually the toilet paper culprits and it was payback. 

Sorry, this was probably not that interesting.  It was really hard for me to think up 25 things so they're all pretty lame.

I tag:
Season
Janalyn
Holly
Amanda
Sariah
Ora
Rachael Thompson
Becca Byron

Here's the video for Dance Magic Dance.  Tell me what you think.  The part in question is at about 1:37.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember #14 and #22. That was fun to read!