
They put siding on the outside and added shutters. I wish we had gotten siding while we lived there. That house was freakin ugly.

The upstairs living room. They removed all that gorgeous forest green carpet and put wood floors in. They also changed the fireplace to stone instead of ugly tile. Also the green stencil bows are gone. Sorry Sariah, all your hard work. We tried to get my mom to paint over them but she refused.

The kitchen it looks like they had new countertops, new appliances and paint.

This room in back is painted and has wood floors.


This little closet of a room used to be Rachel's. It's more suited to be a nursery or office than a bedroom. It has new paint and carpet.

This is my parent's old room. It looks a lot different without all my dad's books and stuff. He is a pack rat.

This is the downstairs living room. I don't know why the people who owned this house before us decided it would be better to have a second living room with it's own entrance instead of a garage. The only way I recognized this room was from the light fixtures. It used to have blue paint and carpet. Plus they removed the chair rail.
Looking at these photos make me feel that it was an absolute dump while we lived there. I blame it partially on the era, and partially on Sariah. ha ha! Mom was really trusting to let high schoolers try their hand at interior design. Back then it seemed like a good idea to have forest green carpet put in. Neutral colors where not really popular at the time. We also had a floral couch and blue sectional. Ahh, 90's interior decorating. I found it interesting that this house is now being sold for more than what I paid for my house. I would much rather have a new house than a remodeled house. I don't think I mentioned it but I told Chris we had to have a new house because I didn't want to buy a possibly haunted house. I can't remember what our house is worth now especially with the housing slump. We paid $179,900 for it about 4 years ago. They're asking $199,900 for this house now.
3 comments:
I like all the improvements they've made, but the kitchen cabinets still look dated. I wouldn't buy it though. I'd be scared of hidden problems.
Yeah, they didn't change the kitchen cupboards. Also I checked the listing and they didn't update the air conditioning. I couldn't survive without my central air. I don't know how I lived in a house that long without proper air conditioning.
I can't believe the changes...crazy to see what they have done! So many memories from that house!
Post a Comment