
Becca:
Since I'm pretty busy today and I have to get ready for the big party today at work, I'm only going to tell a few funny stories about Becca when she was young. One time when we were on our way back from our grandparents house (they lived maybe a few miles from us) we decided it would be a good idea to not shut the door to the suburban all the way for the ride home. We were just going to hold it closed, my parents didn't know this of course. I suppose the idea was that we would be able to get out of the car faster if we didn't shut it all the way. Well my dad made a turn and Becca couldn't keep the door shut so it flew open and she was left standing in the doorway screaming. We weren't wearing seat belts because it would have slowed us down, getting out of the car. Plus I don't think people really cared as much back in the 80's and early 90's about seat belts. I just remember the image of Becca clinging to life in the doorway. We thought it was funny after the fact but my dad was really mad and it wouldn't have been that funny if she would have fallen out. Another story is a little gem that we've teased Becca about over the years. Becca was a skinny little kid growing up. In our bathroom there was a little towel bar on the wall by the toilet. It's like the ones you use for hand towels by the sink, I have no idea why it was by the toilet and we never used it for anything. Well it turns out, Becca used it to hold herself up as she sat on the toilet. One time I heard screaming and I ran into the bathroom to find Becca practically inside the toilet. Her legs were sticking out and she was holding the towel bar in her hand. It broke off the wall and she had fallen in. I wasn't really much of a rescuer because I laughed at her before helping her out. I thought I'd bring these stories up because we used to tease her about them a lot and haven't in years, so it's about time we start again!
1 comment:
You actually combined two memories.
The first was in the old green station wagon and we were on our way to the grandparent's house. The door didn't fly open. Somehow I managed to keep it closed, but I was crying because I thought it was going to open. I still can't figure out why, when it was Sariah and your idea, I was the one holding the door closed, since I was the smallest.
The second involved the tan suburban and we were leaving the grandparent's house. The back seats in the suburban were folded down and we were just sitting back there. Apparently, the door wasn't closed all the way and I must have leaned on it and it flew open. Thankfully I grabbed the door and the seatbelt and Dad wasn't going very fast.
And as for the toilet story, I was just too cool to use the kiddie cover so I used the towel rack to keep myself from falling in. It worked just fine until that day. I still remember you laughing at me. *smirk*
Post a Comment