This week it was hard to get back into the grind of going back to work. Not only that, Chris and I decided to go back to the gym this week. We didn't go on monday since I had to work late on Sunday while they cleaned the carpets at the store. It is so hard to get back into the habit of going back after so long. I haven't gone to the gym on a regular basis since last August. What a slacker! The hardest thing about it is that we go at 5am and I wake up at 4:30 to get ready to go. This is not an easy task when you like sleep as much as I do. As much as I hate waking up that early, I've found it's the best time to go. It's done and out of the way. If I wait to do it later in the day then my excuses are either that I'm tired from work or that I'm starving and need to eat(I don't like to exercise after eating, even if it's been a few hours), or that I got off work later than expected. My excuses in the morning are different. Sometimes I announce them as soon as my alarm goes off. "I'm so tired, I didn't get any sleep last night", "My tummy hurts.", "I can't move my legs"(from them being sore and stiff from exercise), or "I'll go when I get off work". Most of the time I'm telling them to myself because Chris is still asleep. He's been making sure I get up this week because he's tired of listening to me complain about how much weight I've gained in the last year. Cursed Samoan blood! You really can't go inactive for long without gaining weight. It's a curse I tell ya! One thing about this week is that I've been super sleepy, once I sit down, my body starts to shut down. I can't really take cat naps during the day because a nap for me is like a coma for other people or a regular nights rest. No really, my naps are a few hours. Today after I got home, we ate dinner and I fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake up for I think 3 hours. I was pretty knocked out. I woke up at one point with Chris in my face laughing because he was trying to stick his finger up my nose or something and I didn't wake up. I woke up pretty cranky and groggy. I usually don't take naps because it usually ends up a vicious cycle in which I don't wake up for a few hours and then I can't sleep at night. Then when I finally do get to sleep it's time to wake up again. Bad news!
Other events this week include me actually cleaning my house and doing laundry. Yes, I actually spent my day off doing something productive. While cleaning the kitchen I ended up tossing a bunch of expired food in the trash. Every time I do this, it's annoying that I've allowed us to waste it. Half of it was Chris' friend's who lived with us for a while so I didn't feel too bad. I was doing so well at cleaning that I decided that I'd also wash our bed sheets and comforter while I was at it. While I was cleaning our bedroom, I noticed that my wedding ring was not on the night stand with my watch, where I usually put it. At first I thought I had put it somewhere else but it never turned up. I ended up searching everywhere for it with no luck. I had to run errands and it made me feel really uncomfortable and self conscious not having it on. Good thing I'm not a celebrity since this is a tell tale sign of someone's marriage being over. When Chris got home we searched the house up and down looking for it. This is when you curse the day you decided to get a big house. The search included looking in garbage, air vents, the vacuum bag (we knew it couldn't be in there but looked anyway), in every bedroom and bathroom, basement, the washer and dryer, and upstairs living room. I think I spent at least 6 hours looking for this ring with no luck. I was getting pretty depressed and pulled out our jewelry insurance policy to read what it says about lost jewelry. Even though we have my ring insured for $7,000 you never know if they are going to screw you when the time comes for you to actually file a claim. By 9pm we still hadn't found it and I went to grab our comforter from the upstairs living room where I had thrown it over the banister to dry out the few wet spots it had after being in the dryer. There it was sitting on the stairs mocking me! "Ha ha! You guys wasted half of the day looking for me and I was here the whole time!" Chris and I must have stepped over it a million times and never noticed it. Don't ask me how it ended up from the night stand to the comforter when I pulled it off to wash. Not to mention the fact that it remained balled up inside for the trek down to the basement, through the washer, through the dryer, back upstairs and up another flight of stairs where it fell out as I threw it over the banister. I'll tell you one thing, I'm glad someone didn't say "It's always the last place you look". No kidding?! Maybe because after you find it, you don't continue looking! Chris did say that it would be somewhere out in the open when we did find it and we'd think we were stupid that we hadn't found it sooner. This totally ended up being the case. In the end, I realized I would be very sad if I did lose it for real, even though it could be replaced, it would never be the same. I also learned that sometimes being a little over ambitious at cleaning can be a bad thing, especially since I made a big mess trying to find the ring. All this resulted from me wanting clean bed linens! Below is a picture of the culprit from our wedding day and a close up that sucks since the lighting is bad and the picture ended up being kind of blurry. I love my ring. I was the one who designed it. You can't really tell but the band is engraved. Emerald cut diamonds are cool! You'd be surprised by how many people have complimented me on my "princess" cut ring which gets the snobbish response "Actually, it's an emerald cut." At the time I got my ring, princess cut diamonds were and still are very popular but I wanted mine to be a little different than what everyone else's which is why I had them make the style with emerald cuts instead. The only regret I have is not choosing a 1 ct instead of a 1/2 ct. ha ha! But instead I was reasonable and chose quality over quantity. By the way, it has doubled in value over the past 6 years.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you found it. That would have been saaaaaaaaad!
Post a Comment