Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Treasure and exercise

I've been slacking on my blogging lately.  It's so hard to get back into the swing of things after a vacation.  I've pretty much been wasting my days way by doing nothing.  Sunday was spent laying around watching tv.  They were showing the Lord of the Rings on tv and I started watching it and then got annoyed of the commercials so I just started watching it on dvd.  I wasted the whole day watching the Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and part of Return of the King.  I had the extended versions so I spent something like 8+ hours in front of the tv which I haven't done in a while.  I did pause it now and then to keep the laundry going.  Monday I finished watching Return of the King after we got home from work and Chris actually watched it with me.  He's not really a fan.  Another 3 hours glued to the tv.
Filename: j0354498.gifKeywords: businesses, chests, riches ...File Size: 5 KB
Chris and I have this little wooden box that we throw our change and money in from Chris selling all his soda at work.  No coin jars for us.  We call it our treasure since it's like a little treasure chest.  Every couple of weeks I haul the treasure to the bank and deposit it.  They probably get annoyed and wonder why I have so much change.  Anyways, the other night I had a dream that I was looking in our treasure and found two counterfeit $100.  I was so mad since this meant that Chris had accepted them and given them change back and we were out $200.  I told him about my dream yesterday and he said, "Well I don't usually get $100's and I was probably just excited."  I started laughing and told him he didn't have to defend himself for what he did in my dream.  He said "Well, that's probably what happened."  Silly little knuckle head.
Filename: j0310012.wmfKeywords: buildings, businesses, exercises ...File Size: 23 KB
Chris and I are still going to the gym but I'm a little impatient about waiting for results.  After not seeing any in 2 weeks I'm trying not to freak out even though I know it takes time to loose weight.  I think last year when I was exercising regularly I didn't see any results as far as weight loss until after 2 months and that wasn't until after I started going to the gym in the morning and then attending a circuit training class a few times a week at night.  I wasn't dieting at the time.  I don't really want to start my dreaded twice a day workouts, but when you hate dieting like I do, you have to work out more.  Yesterday I actually went to the gym twice but then was so sore this morning that I talked myself out of getting up since I had the day off.  So I'll have to go later tonight.  Chris has been taking these supplement pills and they supposedly cause irritability and might cause people to beat their wives.  The guy at the gym last night said to watch for any signs of unusual moodiness and to have Chris stop taking them if it happens.  Today Chris said I was acting like I was the one on the pills since I was a little grouchy when he called on me on his break.  In my defense, I was paying bills.  Need I say more?  There's also this girl that works out at the gym in the mornings with full hair and makeup.  We saw her last night when we went for the second time.  I was like "She goes to the gym twice a day?  What a looser!"  She was probably wondering the same thing about us.  I don't understand why people get all dressed up to go to the gym.  I can understand not removing your makeup before you go if it's later in the day but when it's first thing in the morning?  This girl has black holes for eyes because she has heavy eyeliner, eyeshadow and mascara on at 5:30 in the morning.  There was also another girl that I used to see in the mornings last year that would wear all her jewelry.  Trying to jog on a treadmill with hoop earrings the size of bracelets is stupid!  There are strange people at the gym and I am in shock at what people choose to wear.  Like flip flops, cargo shorts, denim shorts, denim jeans, hiking boots, or their pajamas.  There was a few ladies that I called the pajama bottom gang who looked like they rolled right out of bed and came to the gym to hog the treadmills first thing in the morning.  Then there was the flip flop guy who wore cargo shorts and carried a gallon of water around.  He'd do a few exercises and then weigh himself, and then would repeat the process.  How much weight could you loose in a few minutes?  Without all these people to make fun of, a day at the gym would just be...... exercise.

No comments: