Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What do you do with 8 egg yolks?

Things have been relatively uneventful here in the Hansen household. Hugo celebrated his 10th birthday earlier this month. My little baby is getting so old! :( It makes me super paranoid whenever he acts strange. Mockie and Hugo are little destructor dogs. Sunday, the neighbor kid kicked their ball over the fence. By the time I went back to get it, they had already popped a hole in it. The poor kid. I had to tell him the bad news when I threw the deflated ball over the fence. It wasn't back there for more than a minute! They're like the dog on The Sandlot. Balls go over the fence and they never come back!

Rachel graduated from the University of Utah on Friday and I decided to go to the graduation with Mom since she was complaining about going by herself. Boring!!!!! I didn't enjoy my own graduation and I don't enjoy sitting through anyone else's! Mom threw a dinner party Monday to celebrate and some of James' family attended. The planned start time was at 5. Finally at 6, Mom decided to get things started. Apparently she was waiting for James, who didn't get off until 6:30! Sheesh!

At the last minute, I decided to host a Mother's day dinner at my house for the family. Mom, Willard, Rachel, James, and Nephi and the kids attended. Chris was working at the golf course. I'm reminded why I don't host at my house. Too much work. I think I spent hours cleaning our house. What a pain! This is when you wish you had a smaller house to clean and fewer toilets to scrub. Dinner was only 30 minutes late because I decided to make cupcakes and angel food cake before I started dinner. Yes, my priorities are definitely straight! Dessert is the most important part of a meal! 30 minutes late in this family is nothing to complain about either. ha ha. That's practically early if not on time! Mom and Willard strolled in with two containers of rotisserie chicken. Leave it to Mom to bring her own food to a dinner. Maybe Willard was skeptical about my cooking and worried he would starve, or maybe they instinctively knew dinner wouldn't be ready on time. ;) Afterward, we watched Avatar and called it a night. Three days later, and I still have cupcakes and strawberry shortcake left. I know, it's such a burden to have leftover dessert laying around, but it's not exactly friendly to the waistline. It's a blessing and a curse to have a husband who isn't particularly fond of treats. Translation, I'm eating all of it myself, along with the dinner rolls I polished off yesterday. Bread is my weakness and should not be left unattended in my presence. This is why I don't keep the stuff in the house. Why did I have to buy the rolls from Costco?

Nothing else is going on besides our hardwood floor is being installed Friday and Saturday. I'm a little anxious since our baseboards are being pulled off and will have to be reinstalled after the floor is in. Somewhere in my mind I see holes in the walls and baseboards splintering during the process. I hope everything goes well. I promise to post pictures when it's all done. I'm so excited! It'll mean more sweeping but no more muddy paw prints staining the carpet. I also hope the color turns out what I hoped it would be.

2 comments:

Becca Brown said...

You make custard with the egg yolks. You could have done a chocolate custard to go with the strawberry shortcake. Yummy!

Abish said...

Maybe next time. ;)