
Reader Rating:
This is the sequel to I Am Not a Serial Killer and is currently only available in the UK. I really liked this one better than the first one since it had a more original story line. The first one reminded me too much of the television series Dexter and the demon in the book reminded me of Jeepers Creepers.
This book follows the main character, John, as he struggles with his inner demon he named Mr. Monster, which is the part of him that is a serial killer. In the first book he unleashes Mr. Monster to help him kill a demon that was killing people in his small town. Now John's having a hard time reeling Mr. Monster back in. He tries to deal with his serial killer urges and act like a normal teenager. After a while, dead bodies start to turn up again and he begins to think that the killer is sending him a message. "I'm here, and I know what you did."
I'm not sure how many books are in this series but I'm interested to see what happens in the next one. This book is marketed as adult fiction but I feel it's a little more teen than adult. It probably ended up in adult fiction because the boy has urges to kill everyone including his mother sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment