The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
This book is about a girl Chloe who starts seeing ghosts. She ends up getting put in a group home and diagnosed with schizophrenia. She soon finds out that the some of the other teens in the home have been diagnosed with mental illnesses but actually have supernatural powers. Suddenly the group home is not what it seems. This book is considered teen fiction and I really enjoyed reading it. There are a lot of suspenceful moments in the book. The only part in the book that I didn't like was the part when it describes Chloe getting her first period. It was a little too descriptive and wasn't necessary at all. As I neared the end of the book I realized that the plot wasn't really getting resolved. Turns out, this book is the first book in a series and it book ends with a cliff hanger! That really sucks! Especially since this book just came out in July! I guess I'll have to wait a while for the next one. Kelley Armstrong has written several Science Fiction/Fantasy books and this is her first teen novel.
Reading teen novels are good for people who are worried about finding books that are clean. The good thing about reading books for ages 7 & up is that the plot moves pretty quickly and are usually exciting to keep the young people reading. This is good for me since I'm an impatient reader and get bored if books are a little verbose. The only teen book that I felt was verbose was Twilight. That book could have been a few hundred pages shorter.
No comments:
Post a Comment