Wednesday, September 17, 2008

This and "That"

Nothing much has been going on in the last week.  I've been obsessed with making smoothies lately.  They are just so dang good!  I get the jumbo bag of frozen fruit from Costco and blend it with orange juice.  In a way it kind of takes care of my cravings for treats, which happens a lot!  Unfortunately my babe has been really nice and bringing home actual treats that are deadly for anyone that doesn't burn a million calories a day.  One treat in particular is an ice cream cookie sandwich that has 23 grams of fat and about 500 calories!  Danger!  Of course I had to eat it though.  I couldn't let it just sit in the freezer forever!  Anyways, Saturday Chris' sister Shalise and Shayla and their mom came over to visit.  They brought Shalise's kids Karson and Lily and Shayla's baby Javian with them.  The kids are cute but they don't see me very often and apparently I don't make much of an impression so they always forget my name.  Shalise was asking Lily "Who love's you?" and Lily pointed to me and said "that".  I laughed and told Chris about it later and said that I'm "Aunt That".  I think Lily is almost 3.  A while ago Chris asked Karson who I was and he responded "Your wife?"  This is what happened as a result of me missing several family functions over the years while working at Kmart, plus we just don't get together very often.  Little Javian is a silly little baby and Chris loves her because she doesn't cry and is always smiling.  She reminds me of a Cabbage Patch Kid with her chubby cheeks.  Her nickname is Javi Doodle Bop, and they call her Doodle Bop for short.  They asked  the kids what Doodle Bop's real name was and they responded "Bop?"  So, I'm not the only one whose name they don't know.
DSCN1226
Karson
DSCN1222
Javian
DSCN1221
DSCN1230
Javian, Chris and Hugo.  Hugo is getting so old, he couldn't even stand up with Javian on his back!
DSCN1229
You gotta love Javian's face in this picture.  She has two bottom teeth that are so funny when she smiles big.

Sunday,  Mom, Rachel, Nephi, Steffanie and the kids came over.  Our cousin June who is now living with my mom also came along.  We had dinner and decided to watch movies.  Teo watched The Labyrinth (yes, he loves it!) on my computer while we watched:
Cover Image
Big Trouble in Little China.  I don't think the young people appreciated it as much as Chris and I do.  It was cool before their time.  This movie is hilarious.  I mean, Kurt Russell's wardrobe alone is a bag of laughs.  Tank top tucked into tight jeans, with jeans tucked into knee high leather boots, oh and he sometimes wears a parka.  This movie apparently was made when truckers carried knives in their boots instead of packing heat.  After this movie was over we played some Guitar Hero and watched the Christina Aguilera Back to Basics Tour on DVD.  

2 comments:

Becca Brown said...

It's good to hear Labyrinth is being passed down to younger generations.

The other night Steve was channel surfing and Big Trouble in Little China was on. I made him stop, but he changed the channel after a couple minutes. He just didn't get it. I guess I'll have to add it to our netflix queue.

steve-o said...

Further ammunition for the campaign to ban you from the Netflix account.