Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Obama Overload
I'm not a very politically minded person and don't really follow politics at all but I've been suffering from an Obama overload. At first I was ho hum about Obama. I didn't know what to think about him yet. I remember seeing him on Oprah when he released his book and before he announced that he would be running for President. I thought "hmm, this will be interesting since anything that Oprah backs, turns to gold." Over the last few months, Obama has emerged everywhere I turn. There are so many books on him, it's ridiculous. For me, it has turned into a case of a celebrity being overexposed. It reminds me of when Jennifer Lopez and Ben Afleck were dating and they were in the media way too much. After a while I was like, I don't want to hear about them and I never want to see another one of their movies ever again. This is what has happened to Obama for me. I'm tired of hearing about him and I don't want to see him or his strange looking wife ever again. I find it very interesting the differences between the two parties in the media. Right now there is some serious Sarah Palin bashing going on with various "scandalous" things in her past. I also find celebrity endorsing very obnoxious. I read somewhere that Scarlett Johannsen emails Obama on a regular basis about movies and other random crap. Who cares!? It's like running for high school student council or something, where it's a popularity contest. Chris' opinion on the matter: "Who cares? He'll probably just get assassinated anyway." I don't know, he just seems all personality and no substance. Does anyone else think he's overrated or is it just me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally agree that he's overrated and I'm sick of hearing about him. I can't wait until the election is over. If you think Utah is bad, try living in a swing state where they campaign more.
I also think his wife looks funky. In the media they talk about how beautiful she is and I think she's on a best dress list right now. I don't get it. Her evil looking eyebrows totally freak me out.
Post a Comment