Wednesday, September 17, 2008

movies

The Redbox had a limited selection available when we went to rent a movie the other night.  This is what we settled for.
Cover Image
Forbidden Kigdom Rated PG13
This movie is kind of cheesy.  It stars Jackie Chan and Jet Li in it.  It's about a kid who some how transports to another kingdom where he has to get a magical staff to a "monkey king" who is turned to a statue in order to save the kingdom from a evil immortal tyrant.  Chan plays a drunk immortal.  The movie can't be taken too seriously, it is a Jackie Chan movie after all.  Overall the movie was okay, I've seen worse movies than this.
Cover Image
27 Dresses Rated PG13
This movie I rented out of curiosity.  I wasn't exactly dying to see it though.  Katherine Heigl plays an uptight girl who falls in love with weddings and ends up being a bridesmaid for many of her friends.  She is secretly in love with her boss, who ends up falling in love with her sister.  I have to admit, this movie ended up being kind of cute, but I got distracted with Katherine's teeth at times.  She has enormous teeth and they don't seem to fit in her mouth well at times when she closes it.  It's hard to explain.  It's just something you have to see.  My favorite part of the movie is when she gets slapped in the face by her friend.

No comments: