I bought this book because someone told me it was the the best book they'd ever read. After starting it, I got disinterested and kept reading other books instead. After reading four books, I finally got back to it and was committed to finishing it. It was pretty tough going and I had to start skimming in order to finish. The main problem is that the narrator is a five year old boy. Imagine reading a 300 page autobiography by a little kid. It was very tedious. Throughout the book there is also the annoying tidbit of how Jack likes to breast feed and how the milk from the left breast is so creamy. A detail I could have lived without but he was only too kind to repeat over and over. I was extremely disappointed in this book.
Room is about a five year old boy whose mother was kidnapped at nineteen. Held captive in a converted garden shed, Jack is born and raised in Room. Through the beginning of the book, Jack details his life in Room and what they do to keep busy. Things pick up a little bit when Jack's mom comes up with a plan to escape. After escaping, Jack and his mom have challenges integrating into the real world.
No comments:
Post a Comment