Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson

The Alloy of Law (Mistborn Series #4)

I am a huge Mistborn fan and I was surprised when I heard there was going to be a new Mistborn novel. This book doesn't follow any of the original characters and takes place several hundred years later. Think Mistborn meets the Wild West. After hundreds of years of interracial breeding, Feruchemy and Allomancy have combined to create new powers. Waxillium is a lawkeeper out in the roughs who is drawn into solving a string of crimes by a gang called the Vanishers. Waxillum has a sidekick named Wayne who offers some comic relief which got a little cheesy. You don't have to read the previous books to read this one. There is a character that appears at the end of the book that is from the original trilogy who is supposed to be dead. I'm interested in seeing where that story line goes so I'll probably be reading the next one. Even though I liked this book, I liked the original trilogy more.

No comments: