It seems like I've heard people say they either love this book or hate it. I listened to it on audio and really enjoyed it. I found the drunk man at Gatsby's party hilarious to listen to, especially when he crashes the car. I think the reason why I liked it so much was because the story of Jay Gatsby is so incredibly sad. There is definitely parts that ring true in any time period. Money does not buy happiness. Gatsby was surrounded by people who were only too pleased to entertain themselves at his expense. Everything he did was to win Daisy back, but he ended up dying alone with nobody attending his funeral. By the end of the book, I found myself hating Daisy and thinking that she and her husband deserved each other.
Monday, November 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment