Monday, August 8, 2011

The Last Child by John Hart

The Last Child by John Hart: Book Cover

4 stars

I heard this book was really good and I wasn't disappointed. It was suspenseful and I felt like I couldn't read it fast enough.

Johnny's twin sister was kidnapped a year ago and he's spent the last year trying to find her when the police seemed to have given up. His father left them shortly after the kidnapping and his mother drowns herself in alcohol and drugs in order to cope with life and her new abusive boyfriend. Things become dangerous for Johnny when he witnesses a man being run off a bridge by an unknown assailant. Before the man dies, he tells Johnny he's found the girl that is missing. Johnny is convinced he is talking about his sister but when he gets home he finds out another girl has been kidnapped. The police are left clueless. Thinking that the kidnappings are linked and clinging to the hope that his sister is still alive, Johnny sets into action.

2 comments:

Amanda Stephan said...

I will have to add this to my list...but I will never be able to accomplish my list because you read so much! haha....have a baby already so you won't have as much free time! haha.

Abish said...

It's on my nook account if you want to read it. I actually haven't been reading a lot lately. ha ha.