Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Kitchen Wish List

I was looking at kitchen cabinets online and found some things that I wish I had.
Isn't this rack neat? The bottom rack adjusts to different pot sizes. This is a good idea because I try to keep my lids on my pots when they're put away but I never use the lids so they always end up a mess until I clean them all up again.
Kitchen aids are so heavy. Seems a shame to waste a whole cupboard though.
Who wants to look at their garbage can? Again, wasted cupboard space unless you have a huge kitchen.
I love this one. I would put it in the space between the garage door and the refrigerator. I have a plethora of cleaning supplies. Don't believe the Swiffer commercials. I own a broom, mop, regular Swiffer, and Swiffer Wetjet and I use them ALL! I'm sorry but a Swiffer Wetjet doesn't get all the grime off the floor, and those little swiffer cloths can only pick up so much debris. They're good for little clean ups. Right now all of these are located in the spare bedroom. The pantry and the coat closet aren't the best places. I just bought some hooks to hang them all up in the garage when I get around to it.
I have all my spices in a cupboard and have to rummage through them to see what's hiding in back. Plus those pesky oil bottles and Pam cans are so tall they don't fit in the cupboard and end up in the pantry.

I loved this idea because I don't like to leave my toaster out on the counter and it's regular home is in the cupboard over the refrigerator. Not a very convenient place. There was also one I saw called a "wall appliance garage". I couldn't steal the image for it. It's basically the same thing but the door opens upward like a garage.
Another brilliant pot storage solution. My cupboard for my pots are super deep and sometimes I have to get down and reach in the back. It would be so much easier if they just pulled out. Laziness at it's finest!
I wish I had drawers for all my containers. When I had to clean my cupboard out today I found containers I forgot I had because they're clear in the back. Also it would be easier to stack and store the lids close by.
I love the idea of having my pots next to my stovetop. One of these days. *sigh*

1 comment:

Amanda Stephan said...

When we remodeled our other house we had the garbage cans put in a cabinet...LOVED it so much! It was in the island and so convenient when cooking! We also had two draws for containers...one held lids and one held the containers...LOVED that too! We had a cabinet under the cooktop and when it opened it had two pull out drawers...top for lids and bottom for pots...LOVED that too! I miss those things in this new house...sad!