Roses by Leila Meacham
This is supposed to be remenicent of Gone With the Wind. I'll be the judge of that!!!!
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Speaking of Gone with the Wind.... I've been meaning to read that. Last time I did, I was in Elementary school so I don't remember much.
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
This book has been on Bestsellers for a long time and every time I see a list of recommended titles, there's a bunch of people recommending it. It's got me curious.
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
I have been meaning to read this but decided to wait until after the movie. You know, the whole, "the book ruins the movie" theory. Seems like whenever you read the book first, the movie never measures up. Now that I've seen the movie, I can read the book and pass judgement accordingly.
The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova
I really liked The Historian so I wanted to give her another shot to see if I'd like anything else by her. This one came out last month and has been a bestseller.
The Fallen by Lauren Kate
This one's a teen book and it caught my eye cause the cover is cool. Don't know what it's about but pretty popular. Yes, I do judge a book by it's cover, at least until I've read it.
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
I've been meaning to read The Percy Jackson Series since I started working at Barnes & Noble but I just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe now that they've made it into a movie, I'll finally read it. This one's a young reader.
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Another popular teen book right now.
Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay
This has been on our paperback bestsellers for a long time. Maybe it's time to find out why.
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffeneger
Nope, haven't seen the movie either. Fail! What have I been doing with my time?!!
Whatever this book will be called by Suzanne Collins.
I might as well finish the series.
This is my short list. There's a bunch that I can't think of right now. Has anyone read any of these?
2 comments:
I've only read Gone With the Wind and loved it.
another book put out by the same author as The lovely bones is LUCKY. It is really good also.
Post a Comment