Monday, March 23, 2009

Success!

I mentioned my trip to Ikea on Friday in search for those blasted barstools.  Saturday Chris and I decided to make a go for it again since they said they'd have some in.  This time I didn't want to take any chances.  I talked Chris into going an hour before they opened just in case there was a line.  I didn't know what to expect.  Chris thought I was being ridiculous until we pulled into the parking lot and saw that there was almost 50 people there in line already!  He was a little shocked but was confident that not everyone was there for the barstools.  As we stood in line, the people around us started talking about the barstools.  I gave Chris a look.  They opened the store early so that we could line up inside.  They also had some jars on one day special and announced that if you were there for the barstools, to go up the escalator.  Those who were there for the jars were instructed to head to the marketplace.  99% of the people headed up the escalator!  While we waited in line, I overheard an employee say that there were only 200 barstools.  I was a little nervous because I didn't want to miss out again!  They handed tickets out for the barstools and we were able to get four of them!  Yeah!  I was so relieved.  If we would have been 30 minutes later, we would have driven an hour for nothing, again!  Of course I had to rub it in to Chris that I was right for coming so early!  I love Ikea but I'm not sure I'll be attending one of these crazy sales any time in the near future.  You would have thought it was Black Friday!
The object of much desire and strife!  What do you think?  Worth $19.99 and 2 trips to Ikea?

No comments: