Tuesday, March 24, 2009

In Other News.....

I failed to mention that we got our fence finished earlier this month.  It has been such a blessing that I don't know why we didn't do it sooner.  No more chasing the dogs in the field behind our house!  Yeah!  Also we just let the dogs out to play and they just run around and tackle each other.  Not even a week after we got the fence finished Chris put a golf ball through it.  He had a net set up in the backyard and the ball went through the net and through the fence.  Grrrrrr!  It was extremely expensive to get the fence finished and I'm so glad that we didn't have to fence the whole yard, just across the back.  I don't know why the people who built our house only did three sides.  I only assume they were waiting to see what was going in the field behind us.  It's supposed to be a park or soccer field but they could end up putting houses back there.  Who knows.  If it ended up being a park, then it would be nice to have a gate.  When we heard that the gate would be $500, we decided that we could walk around.  We're only one house from the corner anyways.  The fence cost almost $2000.  Yikes!  Most of this was labor charges.  
I will be sad when they do put something behind us and it blocks our view. :(  Can you see the hole that Mockie made by the hose?
It's not a big hole but it still doesn't make me happy.  Chris' golf course earnings will be going to fix this hole.

We decided to get Mockie spayed because we didn't want to have to deal with her being in heat.  I also would not have the heart to give away any of her puppies.  We would have ended up with 20 dogs!  She has recovered well and I can't wait to give her a bath on Thursday.  She is one stinky dog right now.  We usually give her a bath at least once a week.  She has also taken to digging holes in the yard when she's bored.  The other day I forgot to turn off the hose when I gave Hugo some water and Chris let her run around outside for a while.  When he let her in, she was soaked and muddy because she sat by the hose and dug a hole.  This was the week she got spayed and wasn't supposed to get wet because of her stitches.  I tried to grab her with a towel when she came in and she ran and jumped on the couch.  Then I tried to get her in the bathroom and she jumped on our bed.  The whole time I'm yelling and grabbing at her.  I was so mad.  We had to wash her legs only and she was not a happy camper about it.  She turns 5 months this week and weighs 50 lbs!  She is such a monster pup.  
Can you imagine having 20 of these running around?  I'd go nuts!  One Mockie is more than enough!  Her big ears crack me up.

No comments: